• ...and so much more!
  • oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I've mentioned how bad it is at my place of employment and it's getting so much worse.
    Then a couple weeks ago, the alternator on my wifes truck took a crap and luckly we just made it home. So, I finally scraped together enough to get an alternator.
    So after I got home yesterday, I decided to change the alternator. I was in the middle of putting the new part on, and everything was going super smooth. Then I get a phone call from my sister. She relayed that my father had went into the hospital for a surgery yesterday morning (that no one even bothered to let me know about) and he suffered a heart attack and passed on the table.
    If someone could have at least informed me that he was having surgery, I could have been there and at minimum, seen him one last time.

RIP Dad.
    Really ****** series of events. My sincere condolences.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I've mentioned how bad it is at my place of employment and it's getting so much worse.
    Then a couple weeks ago, the alternator on my wifes truck took a crap and luckly we just made it home. So, I finally scraped together enough to get an alternator.
    So after I got home yesterday, I decided to change the alternator. I was in the middle of putting the new part on, and everything was going super smooth. Then I get a phone call from my sister. She relayed that my father had went into the hospital for a surgery yesterday morning (that no one even bothered to let me know about) and he suffered a heart attack and passed on the table.
    If someone could have at least informed me that he was having surgery, I could have been there and at minimum, seen him one last time.

RIP Dad.

Sorry to hear about your loss. As adults, we know that logic says that we will at some point lose our parents, but we're never prepared.

It's never easy.

Lpherr

Occupied
    I want to thank each one of you, for your kind words, thoughts and prayers.
    I truly appreciate it, from the bottom of my heart.

I talked to my sister yesterday, and it appears this is going to become an ordeal.
    Although it wasn't unexpected, and I even spoke with my father about it, the vultures
    of the family, have already taken claim.

It's my understanding, that everything of value (bank accounts, jewelry, firearms, etc.)
    have been removed, and credit cards have been used for new purchases.
    My father wasn't a wealthy man, and I did what I could to help him, but this just sickens me.
    And it isn't that I expected any of it, but just the fact of the lack of respect. There are final wishes.

I just don't understand greed.

Again, thank you to each one of you!

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    So sorry to hear, My condolences...My dad went into the hospital in 2018, for a hernia operation...Friday... I thought I'd call him on Sunday...My brother called Sunday morning, he died late Saturday....every day I regret not calling him, I would do almost anything to talk to him one last time....I feel your pain brother, Praying for you and yours.

Lpherr

Occupied
    As anticipated, I still haven't been informed of anything.
    I know my father's wishes were to be cremated, so perhaps there will be no service.
    With cremation being a possibility, I guess going to a service isn't necessary. I see a service as the chance to see the loved one for the last time, and say good-bye.
    I prefer to say good-bye, in my own way, and not as everyone else expects.

I don't really want any of his stuff, except a picture and frame that I made for him.
    The frame is a quote he said while I was visiting him in the IC unit, after his brain surgery.
    It was something odd he said, yet cute at the same time. I have a connection to that frame, as it was
    a moment we shared.
    When I presented it to him, he got the biggest smile so, I guess that memory, is better than the frame.
    I could make another frame, but it wouldn't be "the frame".
    I'll see if I can find the file, and post a pic.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    As anticipated, I still haven't been informed of anything.
    I know my father's wishes were to be cremated, so perhaps there will be no service.
    With cremation being a possibility, I guess going to a service isn't necessary. I see a service as the chance to see the loved one for the last time, and say good-bye.
    I prefer to say good-bye, in my own way, and not as everyone else expects.

I don't really want any of his stuff, except a picture and frame that I made for him.
    The frame is a quote he said while I was visiting him in the IC unit, after his brain surgery.
    It was something odd he said, yet cute at the same time. I have a connection to that frame, as it was
    a moment we shared.
    When I presented it to him, he got the biggest smile so, I guess that memory, is better than the frame.
    I could make another frame, but it wouldn't be "the frame".
    I'll see if I can find the file, and post a pic.
    The frame sounds like a wonderful memento of your father Lpherr. I hope you're able to get it.

Top Bottom