Baby raper ..Where was this type of woman when I was 17 ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    I'm mostly interested in the double standard that is often displayed.

There are lots of younger teenage girls who have pretty powerful sexuality and urges at a younger age than boys. That's in part why it's easy for predators to take advantage of that fact. It's also why it's difficult to distinguish between a predatory relationship and one that has emotional parity. The assumption is with a teenage girl it's predatory and with a teenage boy it's about sex, but this assumption is pretty dangerously shallow since on the surface it may appear to be about sex, but even for boys the level of bonding and emotional dependence on the predator can be high.

Agreed. Which is why we have laws around this. It attempts to ensure that both parties are on an even playing field and have the maturity to determine what they are looking for in a relationship. :yesway:

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    It's an issue of perspective.

Teenagers (male or female) want to have sex. They're not really particular about who. So, they're not going to be terribly upset about having sex with an older person in a position of authority. It's actually kind of hot.

For the older person, they're more interested in the deviant side of the transaction and that is where it borders on criminal behavior. They use deceit and persuasion, and abuse their position of authority to have sex a person that is inappropriately young. The older person has the RESPONSIBILITY to NOT abuse their authority for sex.

That is the issue I have with it.

I don't think anyone is scarred for life, but I do think that the older person violated the trust of the people that put them in that position.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.

Teenagers (male or female) want to have sex. They're not really particular about who. So, they're not going to be terribly upset about having sex with an older person in a position of authority. It's actually kind of hot.

For the older person, they're more interested in the deviant side of the transaction and that is where it borders on criminal behavior. They use deceit and persuasion, and abuse their position of authority to have sex a person that is inappropriately young. The older person has the RESPONSIBILITY to NOT abuse their authority for sex.

I don't think anyone is scarred for life, but I do think that the older person violated the trust of the people that put them in that position.

+1

This sums it up for me.

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    Just to be the devil's advocate.... Who was harmed? Where are all of those who advocate "what is done in the privacy of one's home, is nobody else's business."

So what if she was 30 years older? So what if she facilitated sexual congress between the guy and his girl? They would have found someplace to "do it" anyway, if they were so inclined.

Age is arbitrary and subjective. 16 will get you 20 but 18 is legal to hunt?

Seems like "no harm, no foul."

Just being the devil's advocate, as I said.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I think the victim in this instance is the party that placed the woman in her position of authority and trusted that she would be responsible and use the utmost discretion.

$.02

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Just to be the devil's advocate.... Who was harmed? Where are all of those who advocate "what is done in the privacy of one's home, is nobody else's business."

So what if she was 30 years older? So what if she facilitated sexual congress between the guy and his girl? They would have found someplace to "do it" anyway, if they were so inclined.

Age is arbitrary and subjective. 16 will get you 20 but 18 is legal to hunt?

Seems like "no harm, no foul."

Just being the devil's advocate, as I said.

Age is arbitrarily set by society, but that wasn't what I was interested in. I'm more interested in the double standards involved and the abuse of power.

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    Age is arbitrarily set by society, but that wasn't what I was interested in. I'm more interested in the double standards involved and the abuse of power.

As I said, I was just being the devil's advocate. Essentially, I agree with your position but still get my skivies in a knot over the such a thing as the importance of a day on the calendar.

A 19 YO can get branded with the tag of a "sex offender" for "getting it on" with a 16 year 11 month, old and yet it is perfectly kosher for a 70 YO to have wild and kinky (whatever that is) carnal knowledge with an 18 year and no month, old. Seems to me that this is a classic place for subjective judgement based on lots of external factors.

Abuse of power implies a position of authority (to me). A 40 year old adult does not have that "position" over a 16 or 17 YO in today's society. But, that opens a whole new subject of discussion.

Last edited:

awatarius

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Indianapolis

Very well said, it is certainly not something that should be advocated. Kind of sick that it would be really. Child molestation is equal under the law.. The kid didn't do anything terrible as they are a kid, but the adult... they will rot in jail rightfully so for a while.

Thanks,
    Matthew

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I think we need to take a hard look at all these laws.

An adult who has sex with a pre-pubescent child is a different kind of an offender than an adult who has sex with someone who is legally a minor but sexually mature, and willing. I'm not saying that it should be legal for an adult to have sex with a minor, it's just that one is an abomination and the other is something else entirely.

I have some personal experience with this. When I was 19, I unknowingly had sex with someone younger than me. I won't say how much younger, but it was enough younger that I would have faced some serious consequences. Very, very serious consequences.

This girl had dated people in my social circle - was sexually active, and built like a brick house. She drank and smoked, and went all the places we went. The opportunity presented itself one night, and I took it. It never ocurred to me to ask her age, I thought she was around the same age I was. I didn't find out how old she was until two years later, by accident.

Under the law in most states, the only defense for sex with a minor is that you didn't do it. Doesn't matter if you were deceived. Which leads to a second story.

I play tennis with a guy who spent three years in jail. He met a girl on the internet, met her at a bar, began a sexual relationship with her. Here in Colorado we have a law that allows 18 year olds to go to bars but not drink. People who can drink get a special handstamp. This girl was in the bar, so she had a fake ID that said she was at least 18, which is what she told my friend, who was 20 at the time.

Long story short, the girl was 15, the mother found out, called the cops, and the guy went to jail for three years. Didn't matter that he had every reason to believe she was 18. He's on a sex offender list for life.

To me, if an adult has sex with a 15 or 16 year old, it's wrong and should be against the law, no doubt. But if the minor consented, and the adult wasn't in a position of authority over the minor, it's certainly not on the level of child molestation, and it shouldn't be a life-ruining event.

Also, the circumstances - such as deception - should be part of the equation.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield

An adult who has sex with a pre-pubescent child is a different kind of an offender than an adult who has sex with someone who is legally a minor but sexually mature, and willing. I'm not saying that it should be legal for an adult to have sex with a minor, it's just that one is an abomination and the other is something else entirely.

I have some personal experience with this. When I was 19, I unknowingly had sex with someone younger than me. I won't say how much younger, but it was enough younger that I would have faced some serious consequences. Very, very serious consequences.

This girl had dated people in my social circle - was sexually active, and built like a brick house. She drank and smoked, and went all the places we went. The opportunity presented itself one night, and I took it. It never ocurred to me to ask her age, I thought she was around the same age I was. I didn't find out how old she was until two years later, by accident.

Under the law in most states, the only defense for sex with a minor is that you didn't do it. Doesn't matter if you were deceived. Which leads to a second story.

I play tennis with a guy who spent three years in jail. He met a girl on the internet, met her at a bar, began a sexual relationship with her. Here in Colorado we have a law that allows 18 year olds to go to bars but not drink. People who can drink get a special handstamp. This girl was in the bar, so she had a fake ID that said she was at least 18, which is what she told my friend, who was 20 at the time.

Long story short, the girl was 15, the mother found out, called the cops, and the guy went to jail for three years. Didn't matter that he had every reason to believe she was 18. He's on a sex offender list for life.

To me, if an adult has sex with a 15 or 16 year old, it's wrong and should be against the law, no doubt. But if the minor consented, and the adult wasn't in a position of authority over the minor, it's certainly not on the level of child molestation, and it shouldn't be a life-ruining event.

I've trod that road as well. Not the jail part, but I was duped. In fact, she was faaaaaar more sexually experienced than I was. :n00b:

Some of these 15 y/o girls, can easily look like a 20 something, and have no problem acting the part.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I've trod that road as well. Not the jail part, but I was duped. In fact, she was faaaaaar more sexually experienced than I was. :n00b:

Some of these 15 y/o girls, can easily look like a 20 something, and have no problem acting the part.

To address the part of the OP that asks where these women were when he was a kid; they are everywhere. The incidence of older women having sex with teenaged boys is probably higher than the incidence of older men having sex with teenaged girls. The difference is that far fewer of the instances involving young boys get reported and when they do a good number are met with a high five instead of being reported to the police. They just draw a lot of attention when the occassional case gets prosecuted but we aren't used to seeing it in the paper.

To touch on Dross's comments, Indiana does allow a defense that the man reasonably believed that the girl was of legal age to consent.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

In Indiana, below 14 is pretty much strict liability. 14 up to 16 is did you reasonably believe that the minor was 16 or older to escape liability. At the 16th birthday, it's legal except under a few well-defined circumstances.

awatarius

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Indianapolis

Hello,

As usual Dross you speak from a point of wisdom. I agree 100%.

Thanks,
    Matthew

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    i%27d+hit+it.jpg

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I know it is not politically correct to say so, but there is a great difference between boys and girls at any age, but especially at the age of the story's subjects. When I was 16 a MUCH older woman became interested in me and we kept it secret from everyone (and I considered myself to be LUCKY). We KNEW she would get in trouble.

Hindsight being 20/20, I still consider myself lucky because I enjoyed it HUGELY as did she. Do I want my daughter or son pursued by an older suitor? No, but I simply can't hyperventilate thinking of the damage being done to this young man.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I know it is not politically correct to say so, but there is a great difference between boys and girls at any age, but especially at the age of the story's subjects. When I was 16 a MUCH older woman became interested in me and we kept it secret from everyone (and I considered myself to be LUCKY). We KNEW she would get in trouble.

Hindsight being 20/20, I still consider myself lucky because I enjoyed it HUGELY as did she. Do I want my daughter or son pursued by an older suitor? No, but I simply can't hyperventilate thinking of the damage being done to this young man.

When I was 15, there was a divorced lady next door who was very nice to me. Looking back, I see the signs, but I didn't know then what I was seeing. And yes, I would have taken the opportunity in a second.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    When I was 15, there was a divorced lady next door who was very nice to me. Looking back, I see the signs, but I didn't know then what I was seeing. And yes, I would have taken the opportunity in a second.

When I was working fast food, all of the managers were ladies and I felt like prime rib in a meet market.

It was wonderful! :):

Top Bottom