• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Yep.

But if I explained further, I wouldn't be able to be an Internet Tough Guy any longer - so...

-J-

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Wife: Your gonna have to take that thing off first:wwub:
    Me: Not a problem. :naughty:
    -----
    Had a 5-year-old (why is it always 5-year olds?) run head first into it once, trying to give me a flying hug. WHAM! OUCH!

Hardly anyone else even mentions it.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I was OC'ing and a guy came up and was telling me how he isn't "allowed" to OC and knocked on his pistol (like guys knock on their cups to show refs they have em).

I was like good job guy, no need to conceal it now.

Also have had some issues with my son talking about daddy's gun when I was CCing, but then I quickly distracted him. He's 4, and I think he was trying to butter up to a cute little 5 year old girl.

Kids are crazy these days...

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    I accidentally OCd at a job interview. I meant to take it off and leave it in the car just, forgot to. I don't think the interviewer noticed, or at least didn't say anything. I didn't end up getting the job, but I really wasn't qualified for it anyway.

Then there was a time I was at a baptism. It was kind of weird, it was at an indoor pool and they were having a pool party type thing for the kids. So there I was, with the rest of the congregation standing next to the pool and a kid runs past me through the crowd and konks himself good on the butt of my 1911.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Your gun is digging in to my hip.....

Off topic, but it reminded me of a funny story. Two of my friends practice MMA. They were sparring and noticed this new girl had walked in and was watching them. They decided to have some fun.

"Your cup is digging into my leg and it hurts! "
    "I'm not wearing a cup! "

The poor girl practically ran out the door.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Off topic, but it reminded me of a funny story. Two of my friends practice MMA. They were sparring and noticed this new girl had walked in and was watching them. They decided to have some fun.

"Your cup is digging into my leg and it hurts! "
    "I'm not wearing a cup! "

The poor girl practically ran out the door.
    Grappling is serious business:

ae64c3bccb1ce3206032f3b1f1e0b3d7.jpg

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    CC'ing in an open-top holster and 5-year-old nephew starts trying to tickle me under my shirt while his 2-year-old brother was on my shoulders. Photo from shortly after:

uncletom.jpeg

Learned a lesson about planning ahead for retention around kids, and switched to my more secure holster for the remainder of the visit.

Lost a screw once on my shoulder rig and had my gun drop into my lap at the movie theater. Learned a lesson about the value of Loc-Tite.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    At a family gathering a few years ago, I was introduced to one of my nieces boyfriends. I pulled him aside and used Bill Engvals line "You hurt her, I've have no problem going BACK to prison." He kind of just looked at me and said he wouldn't hurt her. A few weeks later, I was at another family outing with said boyfriend. Upon removing my coat, his eyes bulged out and he went upstairs. He had got a look at the 1911 in a paddle holster on my hip. My niece got a text a few minutes later saying it was off because he was afraid of "your big bald biker uncle." (I'm not a biker, just shaved head and a goatee.) My niece thanked me and said she was going to break up with him anyway.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    There are no awkward moments because I am prepared for anything and my situational awareness is legendary.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    CC is always awkward when skinny dipping, I will not become a sheep, but at the same time I love feeling the water against my bare naked ....ummmm......hip.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Had a 5-year-old (why is it always 5-year olds?) run head first into it once, trying to give me a flying hug. WHAM! OUCH!

This happened when my granddaughter was three... it crossed her eyes pretty well. Good thing her anti-gun momma wasn't close by so I didn't have to explain the bump on the kid's forehead.

I learned to turn to my left whenever I saw her running towards me. :)

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    At a family gathering a few years ago, I was introduced to one of my nieces boyfriends. I pulled him aside and used Bill Engvals line "You hurt her, I've have no problem going BACK to prison." He kind of just looked at me and said he wouldn't hurt her. A few weeks later, I was at another family outing with said boyfriend. Upon removing my coat, his eyes bulged out and he went upstairs. He had got a look at the 1911 in a paddle holster on my hip. My niece got a text a few minutes later saying it was off because he was afraid of "your big bald biker uncle." (I'm not a biker, just shaved head and a goatee.) My niece thanked me and said she was going to break up with him anyway.

Success! :rockwoot:

Top Bottom