• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    From the APD Facebook for the non-Face-Space users...
    We have received a number of inquires regarding a large police presence at Wal Mart yesterday evening here in Avon. At approximately 6:00 p.m. Avon Officers were notified of two suspects who had been reportedly stealing property from the business. As a loss prevention employee approached the suspects, one of the suspects is alleged to have drawn a handgun and pointed it at the employee as both suspects fled toward their vehicle in the parking lot, thus committing an armed robbery.

Avon Officer Elkin arrived on the scene and ordered both occupants out of their vehicle, however both suspects refused all commands. A short time later, the driver was removed from the vehicle and became physically combative toward Officer Elkin. During this struggle, the passenger of the vehicle removed a handgun from their waistline, threw it on the floorboard, and suddenly exited the vehicle. Officer Howell, who had arrived on scene, observed the passenger discard the handgun as he then engaged the passenger who also became physically combative. The driver was taken into custody by Officer Elkin and the passenger was taken into custody by Officer Mader and Officer Howell who deployed his taser to take the second suspect into custody without further incident.

After both suspects were secured, several bystanders in the area began to shout and curse at our officers as a hostile crowd of approximately 100 people continued to form around the officers and recording the encounter on their electronic devices. During this time, the actions of the bystanders caused a delay in ensuring both suspects were able to evaluated by medics for any potential injuries that they may have sustained as a result of their actions.

We are thankful for the assistance of the Hendricks County Sheriff's Office , Danville Metropolitan Police Department, and Plainfield Police Department who responded to assist with crowd control and de-escalating the scene as our officers were continuing their investigation. Avon Officers later discovered that the handgun used in this robbery was also listed as stolen. We will refrain from identifying the suspects in this matter on social media, however we are thankful for the bravery of Officer Elkin, Officer Howell, Officer Mader, and our law enforcement partners here in Hendricks County.

This entire incident was captured yet again on our high resolution cameras that we have installed on each and every vehicle!

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Avon has become a cesspool. Danville is up next......really been thinking of selling my place and heading West. I stopped in Avon to get gas in my truck. I pulled up to the pump and started paying....another truck pulled in on the other side of the pump I was at. Guy jumps out and runs inside. I didn't pay him no attention and then I hear the truck door slam and see it pull off. About that time this guy comes out of gas station and says "where is my truck?"...I looked at him and said man someone just pulled off in it. He asked if I seen who got in it and I said I didn't, he mentioned it was on fumes and should be running out of gas real quickly. I took off the way the truck went hoping I would find it out of gas, but had no luck.

I felt terrible that I had not paid more attention.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    As long as we are "just letting this happen" at various locations across the land, how long before it becomes the rule instead of the exception?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Avon has become a cesspool. Danville is up next......really been thinking of selling my place and heading West. I stopped in Avon to get gas in my truck. I pulled up to the pump and started paying....another truck pulled in on the other side of the pump I was at. Guy jumps out and runs inside. I didn't pay him no attention and then I hear the truck door slam and see it pull off. About that time this guy comes out of gas station and says "where is my truck?"...I looked at him and said man someone just pulled off in it. He asked if I seen who got in it and I said I didn't, he mentioned it was on fumes and should be running out of gas real quickly. I took off the way the truck went hoping I would find it out of gas, but had no luck.

I felt terrible that I had not paid more attention.
    Did he leave it running…serious.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I've heard from some of the LEO on here that my regular Walmart (U.S. 31, just south of Southport) is pretty bad, but I've not really seen it, other than the usual Walmart denizens (weird, but mostly harmless). I guess I go early enough in the day that the freaks haven't come out yet. :):

That's the closest WM to us and we call it GhettoMart. I've avoided WM as much as possible the last few years and when I do have to go, I usually drive twice the distance to go to the one at County Line and Emerson, near Point Blank, or the one at 135 and Smith Valley near The Outdoorsman.

At that Wally World there were shots fired in the sporting goods dept over a month ago and shot fired in the parking where they lit up a car several times last week.

And that's why we call it GhettoMart... ;)

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Did he leave it running…serious.
    Yes sir, he did. Pumps were full of people......guess he never thought someone would jump in and take his old beater. He was only inside for maybe 2 minutes, top. This was at the Meijer by Menards and it was early in the day. I had seen a barefooted hobo looking guy walking around Menards parking lot just a few minutes earlier....I think he took it.

Even in Danville.....I don't dare leave my truck running......although I would never get lucky enough for someone to steal my clunker, lol.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Ha, my daughter lives in Avon, and I in Fishers, so I frequent both and you wouldn’t know the difference between the two, sometimes I stop by the one in Beech Grove where I know there is gonna be something going on.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yes sir, he did. Pumps were full of people......guess he never thought someone would jump in and take his old beater. He was only inside for maybe 2 minutes, top. This was at the Meijer by Menards and it was early in the day. I had seen a barefooted hobo looking guy walking around Menards parking lot just a few minutes earlier....I think he took it.

Even in Danville.....I don't dare leave my truck running......although I would never get lucky enough for someone to steal my clunker, lol.
    When I'm getting gas, I get out and then lock my vehicle even while just at the pump. My wife's vehicle bugs me in that regard in that I have to open the fuel door cover before I lock the vehicle, otherwise it won't open, so I have to do that first and then lock the vehicle. Otherwise, I step out and immediately lock it.

There are videos of thieves opening the passenger door and stealing contents (ladies purses, etc) and the person pumping gas never even sees them.

Not blaming the victim, however, making it too easy for a thief tends to up your chances of being a statistic.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

I've never understood the disconnect involved with a certain group of people who believe "The cops hate us and want to kill us all", while at the same time causing additional interactions and confrontations, to their own detriment. And the more people gather, the braver they get, until sometimes, violence is the only option by law enforcement.

No matter what color you are, that is depraved behavior.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This guy recorded for something like an hour total....I cannot imagine wanting to stick around for more than about 90 seconds...for many reasons.
    I saw the video was over 40 minutes and I clicked right back off of it. Ain't no way I'd stay and record something for that long. 5 minutes is about my limit on internet videos. Maybe if I didn't have a tv I might watch something longer. :):

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I've heard from some of the LEO on here that my regular Walmart (U.S. 31, just south of Southport) is pretty bad, but I've not really seen it, other than the usual Walmart denizens (weird, but mostly harmless). I guess I go early enough in the day that the freaks haven't come out yet. :):

If it was a bar it would have been shut down as a nuisance business years ago.

Top Bottom