• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indye41

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Westfield
    Not sure if this has been posted yet. But there is a Gander Mountain being built next to the Walmart in Avon. Was over there yesterday and spotted a small sign. Will be nice to have one around the corner.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Having now been a "former" Avon resident, the town is turning into a garbage strip mall. My house started having brownouts when Walmart moved in, while corrected later, still aggrevating to see nothing but fluorescent light sign garbage lining the main drag in that formerly nice little town. To add a Gouger Mountain is simply a slap in the face, but I guess the town council has their fingers in various pies and are getting their due reward for turning Avon into yet another burnt out Midwest trash pile, filled with chain stores and such. Hey, why not start throwing in check cashing places and more liquor stores now, the place will flare and die just like other areas in Indy... Urban sprawl at it's finest...

Indye41

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Westfield
    I totally agree. I've been in Indy since Oct 2007 and it's only gotten worse since. Sad really.

Having now been a "former" Avon resident, the town is turning into a garbage strip mall. My house started having brownouts when Walmart moved in, while corrected later, still aggrevating to see nothing but fluorescent light sign garbage lining the main drag in that formerly nice little town. To add a Gouger Mountain is simply a slap in the face, but I guess the town council has their fingers in various pies and are getting their due reward for turning Avon into yet another burnt out Midwest trash pile, filled with chain stores and such. Hey, why not start throwing in check cashing places and more liquor stores now, the place will flare and die just like other areas in Indy... Urban sprawl at it's finest...

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Probably. Walmart buys ALL the land surround where theyre gonna build the store, then, inevitably, other businesses who want to build next to them, come calling.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    There is going to be a GM in Greenfield too. The company I work for is working on both the Avon and Greenfield store and construction is underway.

Razer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2013
    South Central Indiana
    While I like to look at GM, I've never actually purchased anything large from them at all due to prices. I too wish Bass Pro or something would come over another GM.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    GM's saving grace as far as prices go, are their sales. regularly priced items are high.
    I buy their Gander Guide Series clothing for backpacking because I refuse to pay ridiculous prices for brands like North Face or even Columbia for something that is being worn out in the woods. When these are on sale, they are an especially good price.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town

Sounds like a call for more government intervention regarding what private property owners can do with their land.

Top Bottom