• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany

I let a former F-4 jock fly my chopper once. He did fine in straight and level flight. When I let him try to hover after a short lesson with each control individually (collective, cyclic and pedals), he pushed in right pedal, instead of left and we spun around and around until I said, "I got it". He told me that he was used to adding right pedal with increased power in his O-2! I asked him what it was like to fly F-4's. He said, on takeoff you hold the brakes and when the nose pitched down, you release the brakes and she flies off the runway!

EnoDDB9.jpg

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    I let a former F-4 jock fly my chopper once. He did fine in straight and level flight. When I let him try to hover after a short lesson with each control individually (collective, cyclic and pedals), he pushed in right pedal, instead of left and we spun around and around until I said, "I got it". He told me that he was used to adding right pedal with increased power in his O-2! I asked him what it was like to fly F-4's. He said, on takeoff you hold the brakes and when the nose pitched down, you release the brakes and she flies off the runway!

EnoDDB9.jpg

I found lots of airplane guys did fine in straight and level, and often did OK with regular turns overall. Add anything else to that (climbing/descending turns, airspeed changes, and of course slow flight or hovering) and that all goes out the window lol.

Top Bottom