Auto-subscribe, would like it turned off?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feign

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Columbus-ish
    I can't find the option to turn off the automatic subscription to every.single.thread.I.post.in. I'm tired of the e-mails saying there was a respsonse to the thread.

I've pored over the UserCP and this does not happen by default on any other VB forums I'm a member of.

I'll not subscribe to this thread. Maybe it will stick?

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I had the same problem when I first joined up. In the UserCP, on the left side near the bottom is a Subscriptions category, and there's a link that says something like "List Subscriptions" and "Edit Subscriptions" or something along those lines. I don't have any subscribed threads atm, but I believe you should have little check boxes next to each listed thread, and at the bottom of the list there is a drop down menu to allow you to "move" a subscription.. or something. I remember it being named something odd. Anywho, there should be a delete subscription option in there somewhere.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Click on User CP, then click on Edit Options. Under Default Thread Subscription Mode switch the email notifications to No email notification. At this point no new posts you reply to will send you emails. Now I believe you'll have to turn off the notifications on the threads you're already subscribed to and you'll stop getting the emails from then on.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I'm having just the opposite problem. My user CP options call for instant e-mail notification, but there are no e-mail notifications being made. Each of the posts I made today are marked as instant notification, but my inbox shows nothing, and my filters have not blocked anything from INGO......

Suggestions ?? thanks

Feign

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Columbus-ish
    I'm having just the opposite problem. My user CP options call for instant e-mail notification, but there are no e-mail notifications being made. Each of the posts I made today are marked as instant notification, but my inbox shows nothing, and my filters have not blocked anything from INGO......

Suggestions ?? thanks
    You don't get any e-mails until there's a reply in whatever thread you do that for.

Top Bottom