• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    I’m trying to figure out how old an Auto 5 shotgun I just bought at my LGS today is

serial number B201xx anybody on here have a rough idea where that would put it year wise? Aside from the bit of wear it has the only issue I see with it is the barrel has been cut to 21” which to me isn’t too big of a deal

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    jtQni7i.jpg

iF0sHYL.jpg

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    B series were made in WWII by Remington for Browning since the FN plant was under control by the Nazis then. Some of the parts are the same ones in Model 11s

Not sure if exact dates are possible but from 42-47 I think

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    Nice looking gun!
    Thanks, I’m itching to try her out; don’t have the time to do so at the moment tho, pretty disappointing.

paid $300 (before tax) for it, for what I got I’m happy, might replace my 870 for skeet shooting.
    B series were made in WWII by Remington for Browning since the FN plant was under control by the Nazis then. Some of the parts are the same ones in Model 11s
    Not sure if exact dates are possible but from 42-47 I think

well if it’s made at remington for Browning that would explain the lack on the FN buttplate on the gun. I do prefer the FN buttplate in the looks department, but the plain “Browning” one may have to stay put for now

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Good looking old shotgun.
    I'd be soaking the "retaining screws" in the receiver with Kroil. They've been in there for many decades and they're hard to remove if not soaked thoroughly.
    Yours are in good shape and you need to keep them that way.
    Heck of a price on a classic shotgun.

Captaincrunk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2017
    Evansville
    sometimes those guns don't like having a cut barrel. the recoil operation needs the weight of the barrel pushing the bolt back. If you have issues, that might be why. Probably won't even notice though

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    sometimes those guns don't like having a cut barrel. the recoil operation needs the weight of the barrel pushing the bolt back. If you have issues, that might be why. Probably won't even notice though
    I shot her twice today and it was smoother than silk. The only issues I see are that it’s missing part of the friction ring and the detent for tye magazine tube cap

Top Bottom