• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    No, COMFORT dogs. (a mutt with no training that simply makes you feel better because you are with it) Odds are this is a trained therapy dog. YUUUUUUGE difference.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Trained service dogs like George are not comfort dogs. GO GEORGE!!!

[video=youtube;Z9vSU1Yb_7A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9vSU1Yb_7A[/video]

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    We are looking at getting a trained therapy labradoodle for our autistic daughter....They are pricey...I mean real pricey...She has already named it Boone and we are months away, yet she asks me right before she goes to sleep, "Can Boone jump up on the bed with me? Maybe maybe not???" I told her we don't even have him yet and she is practicing getting him to jump in bed with her...

We lost our Mountain Cur to an accident last year and she has been "hounding" us ever since....

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    My wife's school has kids that are autistic and emotionally handicapped that are applying for service dogs. I have seen the difference it makes and with dogs or other animals.. can and will make a difference. Not the the girl at restaurant that carry's her foo foo dog around for attention..there not dogs but our horses do .. we do camps with special needs kids (autistic, emotionally handicap and downs syndrome) and the difference is amazing.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I have spent my whole life around people with all sorts of mental disabilities. My sister is mentally handicapped, I call her handi-capable as she's figured out how to manipulate people, total pro at that. I think this is great.

Top Bottom