ATF preparing to regulate private gun sales with background check, whistleblower says.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • defaultdotxbe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Griffith
    I am still struggling with where the Federal government has authority over an intrastate transaction between two citizens of the same State.

9th Amendment, 10th Amendment seems one of those should restrict the Federal government from infringing upon the 2nd Amendment within a State.
    Gonzales v. Raich. It doesn't have to be interstate or even commerce for the feds to regulate it as interstate commerce.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    The hook to Interstate Commerce Clause is through the materials the object is made from. If the raw plastic, steel or aluminum was imported or crossed state lines to the factory making the item, it's potentially subject to Federal Regulation under the Interstate Commerce. Ask the dude who was arrested in the presence of a shotgun shell that had been acquired locally when a U.S. Attorney crucified him in a Federal District Court. The shot shell itself may not have crossed state lines, but everything used to make it did. Thus, everything made or manufactured in the U.S. can be hooked in using that logic. Think corn grown locally and bought locally can't be? Where did the tractors and everything in them, and the fuel for them, and the field fertilizers come from?

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Gonzales v. Raich. It doesn't have to be interstate or even commerce for the feds to regulate it as interstate commerce.
    Stack that one on the list for a non-communist SCOTUS to revisit.

"To regulate commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;"

Among, not within.

The central State needs eviscerated.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I am still struggling with where the Federal government has authority over an intrastate transaction between two citizens of the same State.

9th Amendment, 10th Amendment seems one of those should restrict the Federal government from infringing upon the 2nd Amendment within a State.

Does the fedgov tell us what we can do with any other personal property? I guess I can give away the gun and sell the box.
    To me this all sounds like backdoor mandatory registration to know who has what for you can guess the eventual outcome.

This also really does sound a lot like Hitler to me in similarity with the bill's name being called the "safer communities act" when we all know in reality this will have zero impact on public safety.

However it was the same description Hitler used when enacting similar types of gun control when stating it would make the city's streets and community "safer." :shady:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    To me this all sounds like backdoor mandatory registration to know who has what for you can guess the eventual outcome.

This also really does sound a lot like Hitler to me in similarity with the bill's name being called the "safer communities act" when we all know in reality this will have zero impact on public safety.

However it was the same description Hitler used when enacting similar types of gun control when stating it would make the city's streets and community "safer." :shady:

I would be a lot safer if the ******* central state stayed out of my community and went to ****.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn

I agree...but since when do those in the current administration (aka, of the 'left') actually follow the Constitution and allow it to direct / guide/ or shape their thinking?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    The hook to Interstate Commerce Clause is through the materials the object is made from. If the raw plastic, steel or aluminum was imported or crossed state lines to the factory making the item, it's potentially subject to Federal Regulation under the Interstate Commerce. Ask the dude who was arrested in the presence of a shotgun shell that had been acquired locally when a U.S. Attorney crucified him in a Federal District Court. The shot shell itself may not have crossed state lines, but everything used to make it did. Thus, everything made or manufactured in the U.S. can be hooked in using that logic. Think corn grown locally and bought locally can't be? Where did the tractors and everything in them, and the fuel for them, and the field fertilizers come from?
    Again: see also: Wickard v Filburn. Refusal to participate in interstate commerce can be interpreted as impacting interstate commerce. Everything is interstate commerce.

Reactions: JAL

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    FIFY. Such an innocuous sounding case has had such great ramifications to the freedom of the republic…
    Again: see also: Wickard v Filburn. Refusal to participate in interstate commerce can be interpreted as impacting interstate commerce. Everything is interstate commerce.
    I think my reference was too obscure… :lmfao:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Urimun
    Top Bottom