• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    So I have read through ten pages, and am still not sure if the ATF will want to go WACO on my DRACO and climb onto my roof?

Where's the list of threat weapons, my Smith and Wesson Mdl 629 is heavy in the hand.

Well according to their letter, the only way to know if you are complying with the law is for you to submit your pistol to them for review, which takes 1 year.

Otherwise, you might as well consider it a felony at this point.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Thanks for spending the time to put this together! Your effort is appreciated! I am going the route of copy/paste, I have put in bold 2 small changes seen above. Hope that helps.

I caught/edited the wrong right/write a minute ago (shoulda seen some of the ones I caught before posting!)

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Tried to 'rep' you Kelly for the letter and provided links...was told I've done that too much :-)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Fired off 4 copies. the 4th is Trump's office. That one has a limit and the letter as written didnt fit. So I tweaked it a bit.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/

Mr President,

First, thank you for your leadership over the last 4 years. I look forward to 4 more.

I have serious concerns over changes proposed by the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) to USC 18 Section 925 (d) (3) concerning the definition of a handgun. This action should not only be of serious concern to all lawful gun owners, but all Americans.

Through vague changes to the wording of their own directives (which are not publicly available), the BATFE seeks to make thousands of legal handguns be categorized as Any Other Weapon (AOW), making them subject to registration and requiring a tax stamp under the National Firearms Act (NFA) of 1934.

Even this decision is contradictory, as the pistols they seek to re-categorize have rifled barrels. The definition of AOW specifically states it must be a smoothbore barrel. So by their own definitions, this category change is impossible under current rules. There are many more confusing and contradictory points to their memo that simply do not make sense.

Federal agencies, made up of unelected and un-appointed bureaucrats have been allowed to write rules that have the force of law, change the rules, re-interpret the rules, and essentially make law-abiding citizens felons. To anyone who appreciates the 2nd Amendment, this is nothing short of terrifying. To those who choose not to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights I ask, “Which of your cherished freedoms will you surrender to a re-interpretation of a definition by the unelected and unappointed?”

I know I can count on your support in protecting the vital freedoms threatened by this action.

Respectfully,

Last edited:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Fired off 4 copies. the 4th is Trump's office. That one has a limit and the letter as written didnt fit. So I tweaked it a bit.

Mr President,

First, thank you for your leadership over the last 4 years. I look forward to 4 more.

I have serious concerns over changes proposed by the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) to USC 18 Section 925 (d) (3) concerning the definition of a handgun. This action should not only be of serious concern to all lawful gun owners, but all Americans.

Through vague changes to the wording of their own directives (which are not publicly available), the BATFE seeks to make thousands of legal handguns be categorized as Any Other Weapon (AOW), making them subject to registration and requiring a tax stamp under the National Firearms Act (NFA) of 1934.

Even this decision is contradictory, as the pistols they seek to re-categorize have rifled barrels. The definition of AOW specifically states it must be a smoothbore. So by their own definitions, this category change is impossible under current rules. There are many more confusing and contradictory points to their memo that simply do not make sense.

Federal agencies, made up of unelected and un-appointed bureaucrats have been allowed to write rules that have the force of law, change the rules, re-interpret the rules, and essentially make law-abiding citizens felons. To anyone who appreciates the 2nd Amendment, this is nothing short of terrifying. To those who choose not to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights I ask, “Which of your cherished freedoms will you surrender to a re-interpretation of a definition by the unelected and unappointed?”

I know I can count on your support in protecting the vital freedoms threatened by this action.

Respectfully,

Good work, Kelly & cameramonkey !
    I used your shortened revision to send to the President, Cmonkey. :yesway:

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I will be sending all mine out when I get to the office this afternoon. Don't want to attempt from the phone. Again, thanks to those who made it easier for us buffoons. Much appreciated. Your work will not go to waste.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Mr President,

Even this decision is contradictory, as the pistols they seek to re-categorize have rifled barrels. The definition of AOW specifically states it must be a smoothbore. So by their own definitions, this category change is impossible under current rules. There are many more confusing and contradictory points to their memo that simply do not make sense.

Respectfully,

Nobody ever accused me of being a man of few words. I fired your version to POTUS this PM!

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Fun thread.....so to recap:

-The ATF sucks
    -Trump sucks
    -Obama was better then Trump for the 2A
    -The ATF sucks
    -We should all write letters to our state, local, and federal government officials
    -The ATF sucks

What am I missing?

My only question to the folks who have seized on the opportunity to dis the POTUS (relax, I get it....no biggie), what is the alternative? Biden? Because that's currently the alternative on the ballot.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Fun thread.....so to recap:

-The ATF sucks
    -Trump sucks
    -Obama was better then Trump for the 2A
    -The ATF sucks
    -We should all write letters to our state, local, and federal government officials
    -The ATF sucks

What am I missing?

My only question to the folks who have seized on the opportunity to dis the POTUS (relax, I get it....no biggie), what is the alternative? Biden? Because that's currently the alternative on the ballot.

i dont think you grasp the tenacity of the orange man bad group
    and their levels of tds. Orange man bad. Nothing else matters. No other solutions. Trump
    bad.

Top Bottom