• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I remember probably 6 or 8 years ago when these things started getting popular a large number of guys writing the ATF so they could get individual letters with their names on them stating that a brace does not make an SBR.

Writing a letter that goes, "Hey, I'm pretty sure this is illegal, but you say it's not, so... do you mean it?" is a stupid idea. If I had to guess based on what I was seeing at the time, at least several thousand guys did exactly that. No one was pretending that there was a significant difference in function between a braced pistol and an actual SBR. It was always a loophole and I think most of us were surprised it existed to begin with.

I don't agree with any of it, but I'm honestly surprised it took this many years of poking the bear right in the eye to get a reaction... although this is like the 5th or 6th reaction because guys just can't stop poking the bear.

Exactly this. It's as if we had people assigned to write letters to the ATF that we're begging them to make something illegal just so the letters will stop.

Every lawyer knows: don't ask the question if you don't already know the answer or aren't will to risk an answer you won't like.

Some of these letter-writers I just want slap in the back of the head and yell "Dummkopf!"

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Some of these letter-writers I just want slap in the back of the head and yell "Dummkopf!"

I have to wonder if those same guys are going to cling to their letters with a date on them from 2015 while they're being prosecuted for possessing illegal NFA firearms in 2021.

As long as we have agencies that are creating laws on fiat authority with practically no oversight, no letter or assurance will ever be enough.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I have to wonder if those same guys are going to cling to their letters with a date on them from 2015 while they're being prosecuted for possessing illegal NFA firearms in 2021.

As long as we have agencies that are creating laws on fiat authority with practically no oversight, no letter or assurance will ever be enough.
    Does this letter count?
    giphy.gif

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Does this letter count?
    giphy.gif

Sure, you can read it every single day of the 10 years you'll be in prison for having an unregistered SBR.

We're rapidly approaching 100 years of NFA legislation that is unconstitutional. That didn't stop a single person from being prosecuted under it.

I'm all for repealing the NFA. Writing letters to the ATF isn't how you do it...

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Sure, you can read it every single day of the 10 years you'll be in prison for having an unregistered SBR.

We're rapidly approaching 100 years of NFA legislation that is unconstitutional. That didn't stop a single person from being prosecuted under it.

I'm all for repealing the NFA. Writing letters to the ATF isn't how you do it...
    Dead men can't read. ^See above quoted post.^

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    This video has some helpful info. It seems that the ATF may be running a propaganda campaign to smear and slander the name of SB Tactical and their products. Apparently there might be some straight up lies in the most recent letter regarding the SBS determination in this fiasco.

[video=youtube;Cp8YoQIeOk4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp8YoQIeOk4[/video]

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    This video has some helpful info. It seems that the ATF may be running a propaganda campaign to smear and slander the name of SB Tactical and their products. Apparently there might be some straight up lies in the most recent letter regarding the SBS determination in this fiasco.

[video=youtube;Cp8YoQIeOk4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp8YoQIeOk4[/video]

There were definitely lies and missing context in the foia drop

mechmc17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Zionsville
    Respectfully senator, this is nonsense. The responsibility to clarify the language belongs to you and the rest of your colleagues in Congress, not the ATF. Especially not an ATF soon to be led by a Biden Administration.

Easiest way to clear up any misunderstandings would be to repeal the NFA, but we know you don't have the desire to do that, nevermind the lack of will.

So now what?

No reputation points I have to give...I’d give them all for this, great point.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I’ve never heard of this guy before because it’s his first video, but he seems to make more sense than anyone about all this:

[video=youtube_share;IBWWayaUX1Y]https://youtu.be/IBWWayaUX1Y[/video]

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Stronger than what we got from Braun. I could have done without "common sense" (how about Constitutional?) but at no point does he mention hunting.

November 30, 2020
    Dear KellyinAvon,
    Thank you for getting in touch with me. Your views and opinions on the Second Amendment are important to me, and I appreciate you taking the time to let me know about this issue.
    The COVID-19 pandemic has brought many new challenges and opportunities to our country. A record number of background checks for gun purchases has created both a challenge for government officials tasked with clearing these background checks and an opportunity for the government to support citizens looking to exercise their second amendment rights. I strongly support the second amendment and am encouraged to see so many Hoosiers and Americans exercising their rights.
    Many Americans have recently come into conflict with federal agencies influencing their right to keep and bear arms in a subjective and restrictive manner. Particularly, the ATF’s inconsistent application of the National Firearms Act has limited choices and restricted access to firearms at a time when civil unrest has led a record number of Americans to purchase firearms. I’ve recently cosponsored Rep. Roger Marshall’s Home Defense and Competitive Shooting Act as a common-sense solution to promote access to firearms and prevent recent overreach from the ATF. Disarming law abiding Hoosiers does nothing to reduce gun violence, and I am proud to represent you and your Second Amendment rights here in Congress. Thank you for reaching out to my office to share your views on the Second Amendment. The opinions of my constituents are vitally important to me.
    Sincerely,
    mail

Jim Baird
    Member of Congress

Top Bottom