• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Will the " assault weapons ban" be reinstated?

• Total voters

Sonney

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    In 2015 half of the house and senate will come up for midterm and they don't want to lose their plush job. Were else can you become a millionaire on 175000 dollar a year job with a pension for life with full med. If I had that job I wouldn't vote for something that is this unpopular.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    In 2015 half of the house and senate will come up for midterm and they don't want to lose their plush job. Were else can you become a millionaire on 175000 dollar a year job with a pension for life with full med. If I had that job I wouldn't vote for something that is this unpopular.

Sad thing is, they only need one term and set for the rest of their life.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I think it will pass because the Repubs will agree to "compromise". The media will demonize anyone who doesn't vote for it and sway the dumb population into believing it will "keep them safe".

They created the boogeyman - guns - now they want to use that created fear for their own advantage.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    I think "something" will pass, just to appease the great unwashed. May be better, may be worse than the one in 1994.

The Dems have too much invested in the last few shooting events to let it go. And there are, I fear, enough milk toast Republicans that will cave in at the vote time, no matter what line they are spouting at the moment. Didn't John McCain meet with that loony Michael Bloomberg a few days ago? To discuss "gun violence?"

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I voted "No", but I'll also admit that I didn't think his Obamacare was going to be upheld by the supreme court. I've been wrong before, but in this case I am relying on the self preservation instinct of politicians because of what happened after the '94 gun ban and a lot of new faces showed up in DC.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I voted "No", but I'll also admit that I didn't think his Obamacare was going to be upheld by the supreme court. I've been wrong before, but in this case I am relying on the self preservation instinct of politicians because of what happened after the '94 gun ban and a lot of new faces showed up in DC.

Unfortunately this doesn't do us any good, sure after '94 the democrats were punished but I didn't see those who replaced them running to repeal the assault weapons ban either.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    No. It can't pass. There arent enough votes for it to pass. Heck, it might not even get a floor vote in the Senate, and even if it does, it is not filibuster proof. If by some nightmere it passed in the Senate, it would be DOA in the House.

If anything could pass, it would be universal background checks, but I dont think that has much of a shot either.

Jbondmonroe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Columbus
    If anything could pass, it would be universal background checks, but I dont think that has much of a shot either.

I still can't get over how they think that will do something besides make it harder on law abiding citizens. As if criminals try to legally buy guns and this will stop them.

BKExpress

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Gaston, IN
    A ban will not pass. Universal background checks are likely on the way. I don't like it, but it's better than the alternative. High capacity mags won't even get banned.

We're giving everyone healthcare, wanting to take away guns and all the while this country is careening toward total financial catastrophe (sorry for being so negative). This administration will do anything to seize more control over our country. They buy votes by giving handouts to those that will continue to vote for them.

Those of us that work hard, pay more than our fair share of taxes and want to live in freedom are being threatened every single day. They take from us, give to someone else or misappropriate our tax dollars all the while continually restricting what we can and cannot do. Do this, don't do that. I don't need a politician to tell me what I can do. I'm not suggesting anarchy, but what about a little pesonal liberty for a guy that's earned it??? Friday rant!

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    No, because the politicians wouldn't have the bandwidth to keep their websites up after the flood of e-mail and voice calls from fed-up citizens.

...and its not too early to start.

Last edited:

thatgtrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    No. It can't pass. There arent enough votes for it to pass. Heck, it might not even get a floor vote in the Senate, and even if it does, it is not filibuster proof. If by some nightmere it passed in the Senate, it would be DOA in the House.

+1 agreed that there is zero chance of an AWB passing through the House.

verv

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Just my 2 cents worth, but I think that parts of the ban will pass as a compromise. I dont like the idea at all that someone needs to know what kind of guns and ammo I have. Im not fully appossed to background checks, but it is a bad idea because if they do a background check on you then they know what you have or are buying. I will tell you this though, when the time comes they will have to pry the gun out of my cold dead hands..................

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Unfortunately this doesn't do us any good, sure after '94 the democrats were punished but I didn't see those who replaced them running to repeal the assault weapons ban either.

I don't think anyone tries to repeal anything these days, at least not with any serious attempt. What I'm counting on is a bunch of rats in DC not wanting to loose their jobs because they voted for gun control. I think they'll be more focused on self preservation, but like I said earlier, I've been wrong before.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I personally dont see any connection between common sense/the truth, and an AWB. I also am totally surrounded by people who either hate, or do not understand, us, guns, why we like them, why we carry them, why we "need" them.

I fully expect it to pass, and if it doesnt, its because they dont want to take the wind out of the sails on the good ship UBC.

Pointman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Bainbridge
    Pass above board? No. I fear universal background checks get through both houses with different ammendments. Then the ban will get tacked onto the House version in conference committee. Watch the Senate amendments closely. I think I had better go tighten my hat, the tin is coming loose.

Zachary8328

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    I really hope that that's not in the plan. I love my AK a bunch but it tough for me to find ammo right now. Any suggestions where to look for some?

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I'm more concerned about UBCs. Our rights have been infringed on enough. Stay on your reps folks, don't let them forget about the law-abiding gun owners!

Top Bottom