• ...and so much more!
  • PiZZaMaN2K

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    La Porte, In
    Hey guys,

Ive been saving up for a SGL 31-94 (5.45x39), But from what I understand is that Arsenal no longer makes the SGL series rifles anymore and anyone that buys a SGL is now getting a rifle produced by FIME.

Ive been reading stories how they still ship in an Arsenal box and have Arsenal targets and whatnot but they are stamped FIME.

Does anyone know if when Arsenal transferred the SGL series to FIME if they got the equipment and the skills that Arsenal has and are producing an equal quality product as well as an equally good warranty.

The lure to me of the Arsenal brand is that it is, from my understanding, the closest thing you can possibly get to an authentic Russian rifle you can get here in the states. For that reason the little bit extra on the price was worth it to me knowing that.

If they are no longer really worth the extra money, what are some really good alternatives that you can suggest while sticking with a NATO stock and preferably it be folding like the SGL 31-94.

Thanks for your input.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    Again, what is wrong with bringing in good information to share with our INGO friends? I thought that was the point of INGO, sharing information.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    OK, Arsenal is the company who modifies the rifles.

FIME is the importer. The importer used to be Russian American Arms Corp in Scottsburg, IN.

FIME brings the guns in, and sells to multiple distributors/manufacturers/etc.

Arsenal buys the rifles, modifies them into the SGL-21 (or what ever) and resells it.

end of story.

Top Bottom