• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seadoodr.

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    martinsville
    I've been looking around for alternate (non Russian) steel case ammo and ran across some of this sold buy Global Ordinance. Anyone here used this ammo and what do you think of it?

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    Link would be nice..

All the steel plants I know of are in Russia. I think there's 3 of them. Besides that I hear palmetto state armory is working on getting American steel case production up and going.

You might look for some surplus yugoslavian ammo. I've seen it come in by the crate. Brass case corrosive primer usually.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    If you're looking for other non-Russian alternatives, I bought a thousand rounds of this stuff, supposedly manufactured in Turkey by ZSR. Seems to work fine, but I haven't shot just a whole lot of it yet. (Edit: the price was lower when I bought it, it's kind of expensive now, might want to look around and see if you can find it cheaper elsewhere.)

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    OP, the Arsenal (Bulgarian) stuff is G2G by all accounts. I don't have any yet but everyone I know with it likes it. Bonus points for the sealant.

ZSR (Turkish) chronos a bit slower than most other x39 options out there. It's also mild steel core, so you're not going to be able to shoot it at as many places. There is also some evidence it has corrosive primers. No big deal - rinse the internals with a bottle of water and chase that with a few rounds of non-corrosive to dry everything out.

A ton of nations produce 7.62x39, including the U.S. Getting them here is sometimes a different story, but there are plenty of options.

Russian stuff is still available all over the place. Are you having trouble finding it, or are you taking an anti-Russian stance? Check Ammobot. And it's worth remembering that although Chinese ammo has been banned since 1994, it still pops up for sale all over the place. The same will be true with Russian ammo for a very long time.

seadoodr.

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    martinsville
    OP, the Arsenal (Bulgarian) stuff is G2G by all accounts. I don't have any yet but everyone I know with it likes it. Bonus points for the sealant.

ZSR (Turkish) chronos a bit slower than most other x39 options out there. It's also mild steel core, so you're not going to be able to shoot it at as many places. There is also some evidence it has corrosive primers. No big deal - rinse the internals with a bottle of water and chase that with a few rounds of non-corrosive to dry everything out.

A ton of nations produce 7.62x39, including the U.S. Getting them here is sometimes a different story, but there are plenty of options.

Russian stuff is still available all over the place. Are you having trouble finding it, or are you taking an anti-Russian stance? Check Ammobot. And it's worth remembering that although Chinese ammo has been banned since 1994, it still pops up for sale all over the place. The same will be true with Russian ammo for a very long time.
    Not a big fan of Putin and his new war, but I have no issues with Russian ammo. I figured that with no more being imported that I would dig around for a new source. The price on 7.62x39 is crazy right now.

Top Bottom