• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    The spin in politics these days is enough to make anyone dizzy, but no one will ever convince me that this president isn't one of the worst enemies this country has ever faced. Destruction from within is the worst kind.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    Not good. My son was getting ready to join the Guard this summer. This smells like Obama. I wonder who made this decision. One thing that makes our military great is so many educated soldiers.

Sfrandolph

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Boone county
    This really sucks IMO. I'm not ex-military, but I went to school with alot of ex-mil folks and I very much respect the military and the sacrifices those guys and gals give. The govt could have a million other places to make cuts, but no, Obama has to go after the military. He is just such a worthless piece. I'm going to shut up now before I say something I'll regret.:xmad:

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    This is worse than a nuclear bomb going off in the ranks. It will kill morale. Tuition assistance is not a freebie. It is earned by extended enlistments and commitment. Those soldiers have their butts on the line for us by being available to fight wars. Their pay is not that good, especially without benefits like tuition. This is just fail.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Not good. My son was getting ready to join the Guard this summer. This smells like Obama. I wonder who made this decision. One thing that makes our military great is so many educated soldiers.

It may smell like the commander-in-chief, but somehow I think it's the Joint Chiefs who pulled this sh*tty maneuver.

I think we need a few less general officers. Send the boys to school.

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    That is total BS and will KILL attracting good kids (no offense meant) into the program. Is this TA from the Go ARMY ED program or TA from GI Bill? They are two separate programs.

What about National Guard Supplemental Grants? Any word on that?

I ask as my son receives both the NGSG from the State of Indiana and GI Bill from the ARMY. If all are all cut, it will have a severe impact on his ability to finish his last 2 years of college. Rightfully, he is going to be extremely pissed. He wants to make the ARMY a career, but wants to finish college and ROTC first so he can go in as a second LT. If he gets hosed on this, he may change his mind. It took much longer than it should have to get the GI Bill and an appeal process when they screwed the entire process up, further delaying his payments. He finally started getting GI Bill this semester and got his back pay for last semester just a week ago.

Read article again: Looks like it's just TA from Go Army ED and not GI Bill and NGSG. My son should be OK,..for now. However I can guarantee he will pissed about this hypocritical action, and rightfully so.

Dirty Steve

Last edited:

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Instead of joining the military, leave country, renounce US citizenship, apply for Mexican citizenship, enter US illegally, apply for tuition assistance (and other benefits as advertised on billboards in Mexico). Vote Democrat.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Plenty of money to give to Egypt though, huh? And when are "Moochelle and the Two Semi-Beautiful Daughters" going on their next road trip? :puke:

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    That is total BS and will KILL attracting good kids (no offense meant) into the program. Is this TA from the Go ARMY ED program or TA from GI Bill? They are two separate programs.

What about National Guard Supplemental Grants? Any word on that?

I ask as my son receives both the NGSG from the State of Indiana and GI Bill from the ARMY. If all are all cut, it will have a severe impact on his ability to finish his last 2 years of college. Rightfully, he is going to be extremely pissed. He wants to make the ARMY a career, but wants to finish college and ROTC first so he can go in as a second LT. If he gets hosed on this, he may change his mind. It took much longer than it should have to get the GI Bill and an appeal process when they screwed the entire process up, further delaying his payments. He finally started getting GI Bill this semester and got his back pay for last semester just a week ago.

Read article again: Looks like it's just TA from Go Army ED and not GI Bill and NGSG. My son should be OK,..for now. However I can guarantee he will pissed about this hypocritical action, and rightfully so.

Dirty Steve

This does not affect the GI Bill. GI Bill payments are safe, this is the GO Army ED Federal Tuition Assistance. The National Guard Supplemental Grant is paid for by the state of Indiana. I also received word that the NGSG is in jeapardy but fortunately the state legislature is working hard to protect it. At least the state will hopefully come through for it's National Guard members.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Instead of joining the military, leave country, renounce US citizenship, apply for Mexican citizenship, enter US illegally, apply for tuition assistance (and other benefits as advertised on billboards in Mexico). Vote Democrat.
    Remove the purple, it's not needed in this case. You're absolutely right, we treat illegal aliens better than we do the soldiers that put their lives on the line for this country. What's worse is that most Americans just don't care. They're more interested in who did what in Hollywood. Our country is declining more and more each day, and the apathy from citizens is what is leading the decline.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I know that I will take some heat for this comment, but I'm prepared for it.

It's a good thing that the military won't be paying for college tuition in the future. Even though we can all find a cause far less worthy of our tax dollars than military tuition like illegal immigrants, food stamps, cell phones for the poor it still is an expense we shouldn't have. Members of the military and veterans are still going to receive lots of high dollar benefits without tuition assistance. Everyone seems to oppose government handouts unless it goes to the military. Our armed forces are a massive expense that this nation simply cannot bear any longer.

EVERYTHING in this country needs its budget reduced, including the military. We simply can't keep acting like our armed forces are some sacred group that are unquestionably worthy of unlimited funds.

When you consider housing, tax free shopping, child care, physical fitness facilities, healthcare, and the numerous other benefits that members of the military receive, they are not underpaid. In 2005 the Government Accountability Office estimated that the average compensation for active duty service members was $115,500 per year.

Take a look at this article from the CATO Institute that breaks down their true pay: The Pay Gap Myth | Cato Institute

Top Bottom