• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Thank you. Sorry it's taken so long to respond.

Since this thread ended, I endured two corrupt trials. The first one ended in a mistrial and in the second one I was found guilty of the class b misdemeanor of "interfering with the duties of a peace officer" even though they could never explain what duties I interfered with. We are in the appeals process waiting on the transcipts - still - from those trials that ended in November. The court is trying to price us out of an appeal by charging us $8000 for transcripts which we need to file a proper appeal. Texas law gives them 120 days to produce those.

CJ Grisham
    President/CEO
    Open Carry Texas
    www.opencarrytexas.org
    www.facebook.com/opencarrytexas
    www.twitter.com/opencarrytexas

Sir My hat is off to you. US Navy vet here and son of retired MSG US Army. I implore you to setup an account with gofundme.com for your legal $$$ and I would expect it would ALL be taken of by rational citizens of the U.S. in less than 2 weeks. Good look to you sir and thank you for standing up for yourself.

BTW have you picked out your new house and 4 wheeler for the son? You will need to once the Federal lawsuit is complete that you win for your civil rights blatantly being violated...and on film to boot. :ingo:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This is why you don't carry long guns in public.... just to do it. Juries will rule against you.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    This is why you don't carry long guns in public.... just to do it. Juries will rule against you.
    Did you even watch the video? It was out in the country. It was not like the guy was walking around downtown with an assault weapon with a 500rd clip and bayonet and purdy flash hider hanging off the end of the barrel. :popcorn:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Did you even watch the video? It was out in the country. It was not like the guy was walking around downtown with an assault weapon with a 500rd clip and bayonet and purdy flash hider hanging off the end of the barrel. :popcorn:

And what if he was walking downtown???

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    Yes. We wouldn't want a citizen to... I don't know.... obey the law. Can't have that, can we.

Oh HEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! NO! And why would we ever want the police that are supposed to protek us take our God given, Constitution protected Civil Rights into consideration and act like they understand how that is supposed to work. Just goes to show what you get for thinkin' and being within your rights. It just don't matter. I don't know how you watch the vid and come out against the guy if you know and understand law and rights. But there are apparently a lot of sheeple out there. Even in Texas of ALL places. Sheesh.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Oh HEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! NO! And why would we ever want the police that are supposed to protek us take our God given, Constitution protected Civil Rights into consideration and act like they understand how that is supposed to work. Just goes to show what you get for thinkin' and being within your rights. It just don't matter. I don't know how you watch the vid and come out against the guy if you know and understand law and rights. But there are apparently a lot of sheeple out there. Even in Texas of ALL places. Sheesh.

Just out of curiosity, if it's a "God given right," why is there a mechanism, in the Constitution, with the possibility of abolishing that right?

Interesting wouldn't you say?

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    And what if he was walking downtown???
    While still totally legal...I wouldnt do it myself. There seems to be alot more people in blue or brown in town vs. a rural road and it only takes one with an itchy trigger finger and zero moral sense of obligation to the public including the AR15 owner walking in public. :popcorn:

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    Just out of curiosity, if it's a "God given right," why is there a mechanism, in the Constitution, with the possibility of abolishing that right?

Interesting wouldn't you say?

Talk to the Founding Fathers. Their words, their paper creating the gov't and it's mechanisms. They put it all into place and defined it all. I'm playing game by their rules. That said, the "Right" can't be abolished. It will exist no matter what. The Gov't can, however, prevent me from exercising it though. Or rather fine or jail me for doing so.

Hey lookee there, 1500 posts. Wow, have I really wasted that much time and effort here?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Talk to the Founding Fathers. Their words, their paper creating the gov't and it's mechanisms. They put it all into place and defined it all. I'm playing game by their rules. That said, the "Right" can't be abolished. It will exist no matter what. The Gov't can, however, prevent me from exercising it though. Or rather fine or jail me for doing so.

Hey lookee there, 1500 posts. Wow, have I really wasted that much time and effort here?

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just pointing out that the Founding Fathers created a govt which included a mechanism for suppressing rights, by future legislators. Makes me wonder why they no convention enshrining the BoRs as perpetual and forever enduring. I'm just here to make people think....

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just pointing out that the Founding Fathers created a govt which included a mechanism for suppressing rights, by future legislators. Makes me wonder why they no convention enshrining the BoRs as perpetual and forever enduring. I'm just here to make people think....

That's cool and I'm just doing the same thing. That said, I wouldn't call it a mechanism for suppressing rights. As we all know, it is a process for CHANGING the Constitution to meet certain changes or shortcomings over time. Where rights are concerned, it has only been used to broaden or expand rights of the people or the States, with 2 exceptions that I can think of right now. And one of those was repealed. The other should be as well.

And if one is to read the preamble of the BoR (most people don't know one exists), it leaves the impression that they shouldn't be altered or messed with. Considering why the BoR was written in the first place, I wish Madison had been a bit more succinct about it's reason and purpose for being. But it appears that they thought they were being pretty clear in their intent. Many thought the BoR was unnecessary as they thought the intent of the Constitution was pretty clear. We have seen though, today that lawyers can twist the meaning of even the most obvious things into unrecognizable pretzels.

BoR Preamble:
    [SIZE=+3]Congress[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]OF THE[/SIZE] [SIZE=+3]United States
    [/SIZE] begun and held at the City of New York, on Wednesday
    the Fourth of March, one thousand seven hundred and eighty nine.

[SIZE=+1]THE[/SIZE] Conventions of a number of the States having at the time of their adopting the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added: And as extending the ground of public confidence in the Government, will best insure the beneficent ends of its institution

[SIZE=+1]RESOLVED[/SIZE] by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America, in Congress assembled, two thirds of both Houses concurring, that the following Articles be proposed to the Legislatures of the several States, as Amendments to the Constitution of the United States, all or any of which Articles, when ratified by three fourths of the said Legislatures, to be valid to all intents and purposes, as part of the said Constitution; viz.:

[SIZE=+1]ARTICLES[/SIZE] in addition to, and Amendment of the Constitution of the United States of America, proposed by Congress, and ratified by the Legislatures of the several States, pursuant to the fifth Article of the original Constitution.

Here is a good link for more info
    : https://adask.wordpress.com/2011/04/17/preamble-to-the-bill-of-rights/

Last edited:

Archer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I remember seeing this awhile back. While the police officers certainly acted in error, the guy struck me as one of those people who watched too many videos of people open carrying rifles trying to get police to question them, tried to emulate it, and did a poor job. While none of that is illegal, yelling your head off won't help you one bit.

Top Bottom