• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    Don't protest when your rights are being violated, you'll sound like a "big mouth" "douche".

I agree ......I can never understand why LEO here defend of try to find excuses for police misconduct..... these type of response's here should make some of you understand blue will protect blue even when it clear your rights are being violated. Some of the response's here on site to threads about police misconduct from LEO have made me jaded to the police .

These same people will trample on your gun rights if newer laws are past ...... lets see how some of you armchair keyboard warriors do when your rights are violated or your wife's or kids......this is why the gun control people win because you want to argue about how someone acted when their rights are crushed and not stand in one solid voice when gun right are violated. As always know your rights and never trust the police to know your rights or protect them.....:patriot:

Last edited:

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Texas law is kinda funny on this issue, it appears. I mean this IS Texas, given that one can OC without a license, I'd imagine that Texas LEOs see it a lot. So what exactly was the issue in this case? Do long guns meet a stricter requirement than handguns?

And yeah, that guy had a big mouth. If the officers were right or wrong, he simply should have calmly stated his case, and complied.

Wait...

Texas does not allow OC based on anything I can find. :dunno:

Texas | OpenCarry.org

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I agree ......I can never understand why LEO here defend of try to find excuses for police misconduct..... these type of response's here should make some of you understand blue will protect blue even when it clear your rights are being violated. Some of the response's here on site to threads about police misconduct from LEO have made me jaded to the police .

These same people will trample on your gun rights if newer laws are past ...... lets see how some of you armchair keyboard warriors do when your rights are violated or your wife's or kids......this is why the gun control people win because you want to argue about how someone acted when their rights are crushed and not stand in one solid voice when gun right are violated. As always know your rights and never trust the police to know your rights or protect them.....:patriot:

Perhaps you should be more concerned about yourself in such a situation rather than some random "armchair keyboard warriors."

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    Perhaps you should be more concerned about yourself in such a situation rather than some random "armchair keyboard warriors."

Been there and did that sir.... ;) had a young officer who seen I was open carrying tell my I should cover up my pistol . He could arrest me if for intimidation because people can see it ....I told him am lawful and with in my rights if you feel you need to arrest me please do so ... he said something under his breath and walk away.......:patriot:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Been there and did that sir.... ;) had a young officer who seen I was open carrying tell my I should cover up my pistol . He could arrest me if for intimidation because people can see it ....I told him am lawful and with in my rights if you feel you need to arrest me please do so ... he said something under his breath and walk away.......:patriot:

Good, and by the tone of your post, I figure you probably acted like a grown man with common sense (forgive me for my snarky previous post). Would you say that was correct?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    well ...yes.....I calmly stated it .....I see were you are headed ....

Then sir I have ZERO issue with how you handled what could have been an infringemnet on you rights, and encourage you maintain the belief in standing up for your rights. :yesway:

chcknhawk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2013
    Temple, TX
    Wait...

Texas does not allow OC based on anything I can find. :dunno:

Texas | OpenCarry.org

Actually, we are allowed to openly carry rifles and shotguns here in Texas, just not pistols. The reason you can't find an open carry law for those is because there isn't one. Rights aren't bestowed by laws created in legislatures. Laws only serve to RESTRICT rights, not grant them.

Since there is no law AGAINST openly carrying longarms in Texas, the practice is perfectly legal.

Top Bottom