• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am not sure why the requirement is even something to discuss. I am also a member on a Sig forum and a 1911 forum. Both of them have post requirements to use the classifieds. The 1911 even requires continued participation. If they see you reach 45 or whatever their number is and then stop posting and just use the classifieds, you are bannable

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    There needs to be a record kept only if the license is used to acquire an eligible firearm. Those records are subject to inspection.

Please point out to me where it makes such a distinction. Perhaps I don't adequately understand what 'each' means in this context but I see no language indicating the existence of exceptions. There is some question about acquiring via a 4473, because you are essentially using someone elses license in that case, but I see no language addressing that, either

§ 478.125 Record of receipt and disposition.

(f) Firearms receipt and disposition by licensed collectors. Each licensed collector shall enter into a record each receipt and disposition of firearms curios or relics. The record required by this paragraph shall be maintained in bound form under the format prescribed below. The purchase or other acquisition of a curio or relic shall, except as provided in paragraph (g) of this section, be recorded not later than the close of the next business day following the date of such purchase or other acquisition. The record shall show the date of receipt, the name and address or the name and license number of the person from whom received, the name of the manufacturer and importer (if any), the model, serial number, type, and the caliber or gauge of the firearm curio or relic. The sale or other disposition of a curio or relic shall be recorded by the licensed collector not later than 7 days following the date of such transaction. When such disposition is made to a licensee, the commercial record of the transaction shall be retained, until the transaction is recorded, separate from other commercial documents maintained by the licensee, and be readily available for inspection. The record shall show the date of the sale or other disposition of each firearm curio or relic, the name and address of the person to whom the firearm curio or relic is transferred, or the name and license number of the person to whom transferred if such person is a licensee, and the date of birth of the transferee if other than a licensee. In addition, the licensee shall—

(1) Cause the transferee, if other than a licensee, to be identified in any manner customarily used in commercial transactions (e.g., a driver’s license), and note on the record the method used, and

(2) In the case of a transferee who isan alien legally in the United States and who is other than a licensee—

(i) Verify the identity of the transferee by examining an identification document (as defined in § 478.11),and

(ii) Cause the transferee to present documentation establishing that the transferee is a resident of the State (as defined in § 478.11) in which the licensee's business premises is located if the firearm curio or relic is other than a shotgun or rifle, and note on the record the documentation used or is a resident of any State and has resided in such State continuously for at least 90 days prior to the transfer of the firearm if the firearm curio or relic is a shotgun or rifle and shall note on the record the documentation used. Examples of acceptable documentation include utility bills or a lease agreement which show that the transferee has resided in the State continuously for at least 90 days prior to the transfer of the firearm curio or relic.

(3) The format required for the record of receipt and disposition of firearms by collectors is as follows: (See Table 5)

(g) Commercial records of firearms received.

When a commercial record is held by a licensed dealer or licensed collector showing the acquisition of a firearm or firearm curio or relic, and such record contains all acquisition information required by the bound record prescribed by paragraphs (e) and (f) of this section, the licensed dealer or licensed collector acquiring such firearm or curio or relic, may, for a period not exceeding 7 days following the date of such acquisition, delay making the required entry into such bound record: Provided, That the commercial record is, until such time as the required entry into the bound record is made, (1) maintained by the licensed dealer or licensed collector separate from other commercial documents maintained by such licensee, and (2) readily available for inspection on the licensed premises: Provided further, That when disposition is made of a firearm or firearm curio or relic not entered in the bound record under the provisions of this paragraph, the licensed dealer or licensed collector making such disposition shall enter all required acquisition information regarding the firearm or firearm curio or relic in the bound record at the time such transfer or disposition is made.

Noday345

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    Plymouth
    Site supporter is the best way around the 50 post rule. I'd have done it myself many moons ago but a thread was running at one time talking about a bunch of elitist crap regarding site supporters vs.
    "Them". I decided I preferred being "them" rather than one of "us".
    10 years later, and 7 years after I joined the site...couldn't get myself to post because I really don't know what I'm talking about, but I did pay to support today. How long does it take to be active?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    10 years later, and 7 years after I joined the site...couldn't get myself to post because I really don't know what I'm talking about, but I did pay to support today. How long does it take to be active?
    Resurrected a 6 year od thread. Looks like you're good to go. Site supporter banner is there.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Top Bottom