• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    I recently became a member of the ACLDN. I had been a member of another network for a year, but I think this one will be better for me and my wife.

The network provides resources for the members' legal defense in case of the need for it following a self-defense shooting. Resources as in money and expertise, including expert witnesses at trial.

There are also attorneys in the network who have expertise in matters related to firearms. In Indiana, we are fortunate to have the highly esteemed Brian Ciyou, author of "Indiana Handgun Law", in the network.

If you have been thinking about the potential for a crapstorm after needing to use your handgun, give this network a look.

Any other members? Or members of other networks that could be considered?

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    I meant to add that the resources I have received already in the first couple weeks of membership are outstanding. There is a monthly newsletter that is actually useful and a set of DVDs that come with membership. Mas Ayoob is involved with the network, and I know that not everyone is an Ayoob fanboy when it comes to training. However, he is top notch as an expert witness.

Other resources are available to network members at reasonable prices.

kcwolf200

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Lafayette
    I joined last year and have been very impressed. I renewed my membership and received the 3 DVD's in the mail. I was telling my wife that I wondered why they would send me the same DVD's and she pointed out that these 3 were different than the ones I received last year. What a great surprise! I highly recommend!

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Are there any documented cases of them providing assistance? My fear with all of these legal "insurance" providers is that they're happy to take your money and quite stingy when you have a reason to use it.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Are there any documented cases of them providing assistance? My fear with all of these legal "insurance" providers is that they're happy to take your money and quite stingy when you have a reason to use it.

I'm not sure they could afford the bad PR... We have to keep in mind that most justified SD shootings aren't prosecuted, and some states provide civil immunity in such cases. The organization is young; perhaps there's not much to publicize yet. I'm joining with the intention of abosrbing the education, getting to know a few people on the legal side, and all the rest is a bonus. Between that and NRA (when I join), I think the insurance thing would be covered. Thoughts?

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    I'm not sure they could afford the bad PR... We have to keep in mind that most justified SD shootings aren't prosecuted, and some states provide civil immunity in such cases. The organization is young; perhaps there's not much to publicize yet. I'm joining with the intention of abosrbing the education, getting to know a few people on the legal side, and all the rest is a bonus. Between that and NRA (when I join), I think the insurance thing would be covered. Thoughts?

sounds good :dunno:

Chapparal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 16, 2011
    B'town
    Has anyone actually had experience with this company and their support in the event of prosecution? My concern is a Mark Zimmerman debacle and losing my assets, freedom, and being prosecuted for media hype.

Top Bottom