• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    At an Indiana Bank - which will remain nameless - I've noticed a "security gurad" armed with, I kid you not, a Browning Buckmark. In full uniform, on duty, cheesey Uncle Mike's nylon holster to match. Yep, a .22.

And yes, I've spoken to him about this, but I figured I'd save that conversation for later on in the thread. :n00b:

Comment away!

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Maybe he figures that they will take his "duty" pistol first. So he is actually relying on the Glock 27 that he has in an ankle holster?

Although, the proper backup piece to a .22 duty pistol would almost have to be a NAA revolver in .22. :lmfao:

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Tomn works for Edward Jones so I don't think that's it. (at least that's what's in his profile)

Last edited:

pmpmstrb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    I was at Bradis one weekend talking with Shooter about this and that and we got on the subject of Hi-Points. I was like who really buys those things? He said you'd be surprised. He's seen people come in that were just hired as a driver for an armored car service buy them.

Point of the story, at least the bank guard has a Browning and not a Hi-Point.

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    I carry 22 , 22 DIFFERENT weapons that is!! :do2:

I had a Hi-point .380. It wouldn't shoot more than 2 rounds without some type of failure. Can't say it was very reliable. Tried fixing it and the magazines but it only got worse.

sanzo87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Muncie IN for now
    i would never call a Hi-point a safe or reliable gun. an old friend of mine got a hi point 9mm and when he hit the slide relese. to chamber a round from the new mag he had just put in. It fired as the slide slamed forword and his finger was on the slide release (sadly he did get hurt)it also jamed alot.

so at least the 22 can kill the bad guy and not hurt him in the prosess. (note just because we like to make fun of the lil 22 reamber its the only round that can do what it can. The fact that it can hit your sholder and end up hitting your heart there have been LEO's killed like that.)

pmpmstrb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    What did they want you to do, write a strongly-worded note to the bank robber?

No he hands him one of these and the crisis is diverted.
    gunfreezone.jpg

Top Bottom