• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Triple Nickel - Fast is fine...

Watch the video (NSFW language...just a bit)

Scroll down to "are you ready". At the bottom of the page that takes you to, click on the "Guide".

Jist: 10 shots on 5 targets within 5.00 seconds. Mandatory reload after first target and before 5th target.

To belong to the "triple nickel" club, you've got to complete the strings of fire, in the presence of at least two club members in good standing THREE times within 365 days.

Can also find a few vids on YouTube.

My brother-in-law has managed to do it once....I'd imagine that he'll get it done eventually.

-J-

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Triple Nickel - Fast is fine...

Watch the video (NSFW language...just a bit)

Scroll down to "are you ready". At the bottom of the page that takes you to, click on the "Guide".

Jist: 10 shots on 5 targets within 5.00 seconds. Mandatory reload after first target and before 5th target.

To belong to the "triple nickel" club, you've got to complete the strings of fire, in the presence of at least two club members in good standing THREE times within 365 days.

Can also find a few vids on YouTube.

My brother-in-law has managed to do it once....I'd imagine that he'll get it done eventually.

-J-

ETA: To belong to the "triple nickel" club, you also have to be in good standing as either a LEO, military, full-time instructor, or retiree (10+ yrs) from one of the above. (end edit)

It's a shame that they decided to include a requirement of that nature. This would be another good incentive for private citizens to train, much as Appleseed does for rifle.

I note that it is not my intention to :poop: in this thread. I think this course of fire has some great potential and makes a good training standard to which one can hold him/herself.

Blessings,
    Bill

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Yeah... It's kind of a "by LEO for LEO". No biggy as far as I'm concerned.

We all know that there are DOZENS of competitive shooters who could do this with ease...

My BIL said it's quite difficult to do; I believe him.

It'd be a struggle for me to get 10 rds on target in 5.00 seconds without a reload.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    From the holster? what distance are the targets, how good of hits?

Draw from holster...under a concealing garment...5 yards...

The link provided answers the target issue; is stressed several times that hits on the "lines" of the targets count as misses.

It's harder than you'd think it would be... This is a speed/accuracy bragging rights club for LEO by LEO. I'm sure that if there were a LEO who also shot competitively, that that individual would do well.

My bro-in-law is a heck of a shot...but he's not a competitor.

I bet all the speed shooters we see on U-Tube wouldn't have any problems with this.

Top Bottom