• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    I know they walk down our street sometimes on indy's westside in a populated area. I do believe there population is growing but who knows. They could just be getting more brave.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I know they walk down our street sometimes on indy's westside in a populated area. I do believe there population is growing but who knows. They could just be getting more brave.

So you have seen the to. I am in your area and folks mention they think the coyote are running the creeks and drainage ditches.
    Brave or just aware there is a food source in among us. I wish they would get the darned possums that have settled in around me....:):

Roscoe38

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Could somebody please drop a few yotes in Kokomo? My neighborhood is overrun with groundhogs, feral cats (neighbors feed them), and geese.
    13 years ago we bought this property, prettied it up with lots of rose bushes and other plants only to have the rabbits nibble every new sprouting on the rose bushes. Bought a Gamo 177 with a 3x scope. Over the first 5 years probably dropped 7 or 8 rabbits a year. No one in the neighborhood ever new. Then we got new neighbors who had a couple of mostly out door cats. Haven't even seen a rabbit in my yard (which is fenced) since the cats arrived. That Gamo will work on your Marmots. Don't think I'd want to **** off a "Yote" with a non fatal hit. DNR frowns on Killing Geese and some one will rat you out.

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    So you have seen the to. I am in your area and folks mention they think the coyote are running the creeks and drainage ditches.
    Brave or just aware there is a food source in among us. I wish they would get the darned possums that have settled in around me....:):

Yes just the other side of the coke field from you. Which by the way the family video there on the corner of 30th and georgetown i've seen coyotes in the morning standing at the edge of the road. Also that small strip of woods over by 30th and moller has a coyote den. I ran across that years ago when i was still into paintball and we were in there shooting each other.. I know over at eagledale little league they're over there too.

Loco179

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Either them or foxes are getting at my chickens. Its time to thin them out. I lost about 30 birds this year.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes just the other side of the coke field from you. Which by the way the family video there on the corner of 30th and georgetown i've seen coyotes in the morning standing at the edge of the road. Also that small strip of woods over by 30th and moller has a coyote den. I ran across that years ago when i was still into paintball and we were in there shooting each other.. I know over at eagledale little league they're over there too.

I have heard there was a den in that wooded area. It would be easy enough for them to run the creek and the ditches not to be seen. Those concrete drainage runs are perfect for that.

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    Yea when I was little I used to run the drainage and the creeks lol. But yea ive seen quite a few around the neighborhood. Over at eagle creek when your fishing you can hear a ton of them all at was howling. Kinda eery when there on all sides of u.

Last edited:

Rickmill

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Mitchell
    I sew fewer but Hear more. Spreading into smaller groups would be my guess. And yup there are wolves about 10 years ago I was watching 2 deer drinking in my back field and one popped out on them. I also am beginning to think a lot of the coyotes around here are coywolves based on characteristics.

nocash84

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    I dont think the population of coyotes have increased all that much. The places I used to hunt are strip malls and Japanese factories now. We see more of them because we have changed their habitat.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    This guy was enjoying my back porch a while ago.

attachment.php

Stayed for a while then took off.

They have learned to live around people better than people have learned to live around people.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Spoke with my friend that owns the land we camp and hunt on. He is setting up for deer. Scouting the area and says he has seen more this year than ever. Could just be increasing in certain areas.

chilly2477

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Ive always heard them around here (Jackson Co), been seeing them more and more. An acquaintance shot one recently that was bigger than her lab, I saw one in a field very near my house that looked to be bigger than my german sheperd/husky mix. These seem rather large for coyotes, could they be wolves? My dog was barking like hell at something last night, when i went out with a flashlight and handgun i shined the light in the direction he was barking and saw a pair of eyes a few rows in the corn field which is about 50 yds away from my house.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Is there a season for Coyote, or can I simply shoot them? they are getting uncomfortably close.
    If they are on your property you can shoot them.
    Landowners, or a person with written permission from a landowner, may take coyotes year-round on private property by snaring, trapping or shooting without a permit from the DNR. A landowner does not need a permit to take coyotes on his/her property by one of these methods, but a hunting or trapping license is required to hunt or trap coyotes on land other than your own.
    DNR: Coyotes

Top Bottom