• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ashton1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Im looking to build a 9mm ar pistol to take Glock mags. I cannot use a upper-mounted last round bolt hold open, so I am trying to figure out the options for a Glock fed lower with that feature built in.
    I believe Spikes Tactical and Foxtrot Mike make such a product, but I don't have experience with them, and don't know if there are other options that work well, and can be had for a reasonable price.
    As an additional question: I love using PDQs, and if I could adapt either of the lowers to take a PDQ while keeping the LRBHO functional, that would be great.
    PS. I think this qualifies as a handgun question, if not, sorry, and i'm happy to try to fix.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    BTDT. I abandoned the glock fed because it's BHO was unreliable.

In my experience, the Colt stick fed BHOs are more reliable. (but still sketch)

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    If you're building an AR9 you want to read the info at this site:

discussion of LRBHO:

Ashton1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2022
    Indianapolis
    I don't have any colt stick mags, and nothing else that takes colt stick mags. I would not mind if pistols were made for the scorpion pattern mags, but I don't think those will come out any time soon for some reason.:dunno:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I don't have any colt stick mags, and nothing else that takes colt stick mags. I would not mind if pistols were made for the scorpion pattern mags, but I don't think those will come out any time soon for some reason.:dunno:
    Neither did I until I wanted LRBHO.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    If you're not married to the Glock Mags, these are the way to go. They use a standard lower, and all the controls work like a normal AR. They have versions with a built-in ejector or without for guns that have the ejector built into the bolt like the CMMG.

Mine have been utterly reliable. They just announced at SHOT they are also coming out with a simplified, cheaper standalone version that doesn't use the Pmag shell.

https://www.meanarms.com/products/detail/endomag-9mm

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Well, Hoffman Tactical just dropped his 3D printed AR9 lower with LRBHO last night.

Just sayin'. :)

Ashton1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Im hoping to use the CMMG RDB system, and they advise a full size ejection port to ensure function. Are there any uppers with Mil spec ejection ports and LRBHO?
    Mean mags seem great, but don't work with my EDC, which would be a nice perk.

Last edited:

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Im hoping to use the CMMG RDB system, and they advise a full size ejection port to ensure function. Are there any uppers with Mil spec ejection ports and LRBHO?
    Mean mags seem great, but don't work with my EDC, which would be a nice perk.
    My 9mm carbine is a CMMG, and I actually built it on a Aero XL upper to have an oversized ejection port. It ejects great...when it's not tearing up ejector springs. I just replaced my second one this afternoon actually. I've had the gun four or five years and probably have 2500-3000 rounds through it. It's not the end up the world, just realize that they're a wear item and keep a few on hand so you can replace them as needed.

I did the Glock mag AR thing and wasn't happy. I ultimately decided that reliable function and commonality with my other rifles was more important to me than mag compatibility with my handgun. I ended up getting rid of my Glock, eventually, too, so I'm really glad I didn't spend a bunch more time and money trying to to make that system work.

agentdw

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I built my AR 9, with a Quarter Circle 10 lower. They are a little pricey, but worth it. Mine uses Glock mags, and has LRBHO. I used a 10.5 in PSA, gen 4 complete upper. The one issue that I had, was the factory trigger would not reset. I installed a CMC AR9 trigger pack, and never had another problem. I have put every kind of ammo through it, and not one issue. It has had at least 4k rounds through it. Just another option, you might want to check out.

Ashton1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2022
    Indianapolis
    I did the Glock mag AR thing and wasn't happy. I ultimately decided that reliable function and commonality with my other rifles was more important to me than mag compatibility with my handgun. I ended up getting rid of my Glock, eventually, too, so I'm really glad I didn't spend a bunch more time and money trying to to make that system work.
    What did you end up switching to? Endomags?

Top Bottom