WTS/WTT: AR500 Armor Plates... TONS of it... literally!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Located in South Bend/Elkhart area

Ever consider setting up a range in your backyard but don't know how to get the material? Maybe you've thought about enhancing your local gun club but have trouble justifying purchasing expensive steel targets? or maybe...just maybe you simply want to add some bullet resistance to your Super Secret Underground Doomsday Bunker??? If so... I might have the perfect solution for you.

TONS OF AR500 Armor Plates!!! Hundreds of them... and relatively cheap!!
    2lbib6b.jpg

I have a huge Lot of Military Spec'd AR500 material in several different Size Shapes and Thicknesses.... and I want to sell and/or trade it all.

This particular plate is laser cut and approx. 20"x10"x0.25". It is rated to stop non-magnum, pistol caliber ammunition.

Material:
    MIL-DTL-12560K AR500 Steel... this material is commonly found in Military Light Armor Vehicles.

$10ea
    $80 for 10 plates
    $200 for 30 plates
    $300 for 50 plates

Keep in mind that large quantities get heavy fast. Each plate weighs approximately 15lbs so proper transportation should be considered.

I will also entertain trades for firearms, ammo and/or accessories. (Currently looking for a 10/22 or S&W 15-22 or CZ 455

Last edited:

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Any plates that would fit in a carrier? (In the different shapes/sizes pile)

id be interested if near Indy

Yes and will get a Ad up for that material tonight. Its 3/8" MIL-DTL-46100 which is better suited to prevent bullet penetration.

These plates are Approx 8"x8"x 3/8"

All further questions please use PM per forum rules.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Sorry to everyone whose sent messages that I've been slow to respond to. To be honest, I didn't think this thread would generate this much interest and some of the requests and questions that have come up I hadn't previously given much thought to.

To answer some general questions...

• Yes you can put a hole in these with a carbide drill bit but it takes a little bit of effort and would at least require some form of drill press. (I wouldn't recommend going the cordless Makita route)
    • This particular plate is 1/4" thick and will safely stop 9mm, 45acp and .22lr at 10 yds
    • This plate will NOT stop 5.56 at 100yds. Speed kills and high velocity rounds will punch through this particular material with ease.
    • These plates are LASER CUT. Laser cutting does not generate much heat and therefore retains the integrity of the hardness of the plate. I do not recommend using a plasma cutter on these targets as it will ruin its properties.
    • I am looking into the possibility of SHIPPING small quantities of these plates via USPS and will get more information up once I confirm the prices.
    • If demand is high in a particular area... it may be wise to simply setup a group buy to help figure out the logistics of transporting these plates.
    • I do have some plates that have holes milled in them and am willing to sell them in low quantities with an extra charge.

2ushkrt.jpg

Here is a photo of a finished and painted plate inside a home made target stand. I would be interested in selling this setup for anyone local interested in a finished product for their backyard. PM me for details

Attachments

• 24x2eq1.jpg
      24x2eq1.jpg
      96.9 KB · Views: 35
    Last edited:

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    All plates are uniformly laser cut with slightly rounded corners. The quality of the plates are very good. Nice smooth surface with no pitting.

2lt6ltw.jpg

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Shipping for these is between $15-$18 in state and you can fit up to four plates in a box.

Im just waiting on boxes from USPS

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom