• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xfrostybeersx

Master
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    Ive got the standard A2 break on it now and that is the only part left I wanna swap out. Should I just go for looks of a new Break or something that will function a little better then the A2? What would you recommend?

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    A good brake can change everything. I run surefire brakes now and I wouldn't go back. I'll try to make a m&S so you can check them out sometime.

mvician

Master
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Are you just wanting to change the A2 out for the heck of it or can you out shoot the capabilities of the rifle with the A2 flash hider?

Manatee

Shooter
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    PWS

dsc7559.jpg

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    If you want a good brake that won't throw concussion in your face and give you a headache? Surefire socom brake.

You want a good flash hider? YHM phantom or smith vortex.

Want a good comp? Battle comp.

Why don't you tell us specifically what you want your muzzle device to do? It would help a lot in pushing you in a direction.

N_K_1984

Expert
    Dec 15, 2009
    I have no preference on muzzle brakes for AR's. I do however, have a preference for flash hiders. I really like the Smith Vortex. The Smith is a very effective flash hider, if not a flash eliminator. I'm not a fan of the increased percussion with muzzle brakes. I run an Ops Inc 12th model brake on one of AR's, just for authenticity (and future suppressor capability) and that SOB is LOUD. But then again, every brake I've shot on an AR is loud. My $0.02

Good luck with your choice, OP!

cubbetm

Sharpshooter
    Mar 10, 2013
    I run battlecomps on nearly all my rifles. They're great! I have a Lantac on the way for my SBR and a dynacomp for a cheap spikes build as well. I will let you know how those shoot

Top Bottom