• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Aero does make a very nice lower and upper.
    They've raised their prices to go along with it too. Gone are the inexpensive Aero lowers, and uppers.
    Nowadays you can buy BCM for around the same price as an Aero when on sale.
    I’ve never seen a cheap BCM anything and I still see and buy Aero products at great prices. Often not much more than PSA comparable.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    $395 isn’t around the same price as Aero to me. Not at all. I guess I only buy when there are good deals.

Last edited:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    $395 isn’t around the same price as Aero to me. Not at all. I guess I only buy when there are good deals.

Looks like to me an Aero can be cheaper or much more, depending on what model.
    https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/ar15/lower-receivers/complete-lowers

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Of course the price is higher on the Aero site. Wouldn’t you guess BCM to be the same?

Fact is apples to apples BCM is more expensive.
    The BCM lowers that we have, all were bought from independent dealers.
    Can you post a link off there website, on what BCM is selling complete lowers for?

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    The BCM lowers that we have, all were bought from independent dealers.
    Can you post a link off there website, on what BCM is selling complete lowers for?
    Bcm parts are more on their website than other sites. As I’m sure you know there aren’t firearms for sale on their site. That’s why you posted an Aim surplus link.

Also, Aero parts are more on their site than other sites and that’s why you posted an Aero site link.

So, yes, if the op wants a BCM lower with that stock and grip then by all means all hail the BCM gods and order from AIM or whoever else has it.

I buy and build Aero rifles because the quality, fit, finish and price are right for me. I couldn’t possibly care any less about the AR tier chart and how much higher BCM is than everyone else.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Bcm parts are more on their website than other sites. As I’m sure you know there aren’t firearms for sale on their site. That’s why you posted an Aim surplus link.

Also, Aero parts are more on their site than other sites and that’s why you posted an Aero site link.

So, yes, if the op wants a BCM lower with that stock and grip then by all means all hail the BCM gods and order from AIM or whoever else has it.

I buy and build Aero rifles because the quality, fit, finish and price are right for me. I couldn’t possibly care any less about the AR tier chart and how much higher BCM is than everyone else.
    I posted The BCM lower because its a very good price, even more so if you're eligible for the 10% coupon when its available. We are well aware of how they do business.
    If I or my son were tier buyers, we wouldn't own the Colts & Rock Rivers we own.
    Seems not all Areo lowers are priced at the lower end.

Screenshot 2024-01-21 at 18-03-33 Aero Precision Standard Complete AR-15 Lower Receiver.png Screenshot 2024-01-21 at 18-11-21 Aero Precision Standard Complete AR-15 Lower Receiver.png

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I posted The BCM lower because its a very good price, even more so if you're eligible for the 10% coupon when its available. We are well aware of how they do business.
    If I or my son were tier buyers, we wouldn't own the Colts & Rock Rivers we own.
    Seems not all Areo lowers are priced at the lower end.

View attachment 327368 View attachment 327370
    Looks like you have all the proper responses. :)

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I'm partial to the Aero Precision uppers (with Ballistic Advantage barrels) and lowers. Everything I've gotten from them is well made. Do price shopping to find best price plus shipping. I use "gun.deals" as an initial place to search pricing for specific stuff once I know what I want to buy. I've found AP to be very good value for the money.
    ----------------------------------
    Regarding "stripped" lowers and uppers, and parts kits, that will require you to acquire proper tools to assemble all the parts. Some of the tools are common hand tools including torque wrenches. Some are not. Not very practical if you're going to build just one. If you want to do your own work to maintain a rifle, you can gradually acquire the specialty gunsmith hand tools as you need them.

Top Bottom