• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DIRTROAD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I have a 223 ar with carry handle would like to put a scope on it for plinking 250yds, dont want to spend alot maybe $100 - $200 i dont know much about them any ideals

cagilber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Why not just keep the carry handle sights? For $100-200 your options are limited and you might as well save it so you don't have to spend another $200 down the road when it breaks. At that point you've spent $400 which could easily get you a good optic like a used EoTech.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    We just got in one of the Nikon P223 Carbine 3x scopes which would probably work well on a carry handle. They run $159.95.

That said, mounting any optic on top of a carry handle isn't the best solution. I'd look at replacing your upper with a flat-top before looking at glass.

Reid

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I agree with the flat top upper, and also with the saving up a little more money for a better optic. Before you buy, try an EOTech, Aimpoint, and some different magnification scopes. I run a Nikon M-223 1-4 with nikon mount and love it, but the aimpoint is calling my name.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    With your budget, I'd look into spending it on a flat top upper and a good quality back up iron sight. Cheap optics mounted on top of a carry handle are most likely going to produce **** poor results, especially when shooting @ 250 meters.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Is it a removable carry handle on a flat top receiver? Or a permanent carry handle? If you can remove it, that will greatly increase your options. If you can't remove it, you are probably wanting a flat top upper.

MMRUSH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    We just got in one of the Nikon P223 Carbine 3x scopes which would probably work well on a carry handle. They run $159.95.

That said, mounting any optic on top of a carry handle isn't the best solution. I'd look at replacing your upper with a flat-top before looking at glass.
    +1 And I picked mine up at walmart off 26 in Laffayette.

Top Bottom