• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    So I have a friend... he has an AR pistol with an arm brace. He needs to zero in his scope on this pistol. He was going to take said pistol to an indoor range to zero the scope, but he worries he will catch flack if his arm brace accidentally makes contact with his shoulder as if it were a stock. Should he be concerned about this? Should he maybe just take the arm brace off?

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    If he put the Brace on with the intent of shouldering it then there's a problem. If he truly accidentally shoulders it then there's no problem. Most indoor ranges have little or no viewing from the sides so the chance of someone seeing him accidentally shouldering it is fairly minimal.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Perhaps the range won't care, but one must always be careful of busy bodies out and about.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    So I have a friend... he has an AR pistol with an arm brace. He needs to zero in his scope on this pistol. He was going to take said pistol to an indoor range to zero the scope, but he worries he will catch flack if his arm brace accidentally makes contact with his shoulder as if it were a stock. Should he be concerned about this? Should he maybe just take the arm brace off?
    Just have him shoot it outdoors in the Free World.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Unfortunately that's where my friend was thinking about going...

Perhaps you haven't notice Harry, but it's freezing outside!
    Yea, I have noticed. When someone can guarantee me that I will be attacked when it's warm outside I might not practice in the harsher elements.
    I was outside shooting a couple of days ago and my newer Spikes lower wouldn't hold Magpul Gen3 mags unless I took them down to 28 rounds. That was nice to know.

Top Bottom