• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mojonasty1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    hello gentlemen, I am new to ar ownership (recently purchased a stag model 2 tl).I love it by the way.I was just looking for some input from some of you AR fans about what are the most common parts springs etc. that have been known to malfunction. I was just wondering cause I d like to have extra parts in my gear pack. Also any lower cost part upgrades that you could recommend would be appreciated. Thanks fellas

jkirby

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Kokomo/Bunker hill
    I'm sure you will get some good feedback on this question. I 'm kinda new to the Ar15 platform but when i got my RRA mid-length I bought a kit from them called the "oh shoot" kit. Rock River Arms: RRA Pin & Spring Kits / Bolt Rebuild Kit. Most all the major companys have a spring kit also that contains most of the springs that you might lose or have trouble with. The link will show you some kits that Rock River Arms has but there are a lot of different kits out there. I went with RRA because that the brand of gun I have.

tdoom15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I would check out BCM for those parts, also the entire BCG. Make sure to pick up mil spec parts that have been properly tested and staked.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    There are many spare parts kits. Just get several........

When I package mine, and put it on my gear spot, so I know where they are. For some reason, my wife or kids go looking for stuff and they go away for a few months or longer. I don't like knowing that my parts kit is missing, so I order a replacement.

Someday when I am more organized. I'll find the other missing parts kits.

I also know two of my parts kits ended up in AR builds from an unnamed son.................

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    Firing pin, extractor and extractor spring, bolt, buffer spring, hammer spring. Those are a good start. A whole BCG is nice because it includes most of those parts ready to install.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Best bet is to have a FULL SET of extra springs and pins. I'd recommend you have 1 set for every AR15 you own.

Something like this:
    P1070200.jpg

P1070205.jpg

Top Bottom