• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I like the YHM flip up sights personally and have them on all my AR's.

So to answer your question, no I haven't.

I will tell you I really dislike the plastic MagPul flip sights. They just feel cheap to me.

nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Indy Southside
    I get daily emails from Palmetto and have never seen their BUIS before. I assume this is a new product for them since there aren't any reviews. Not sure how you can go wrong with American made aluminum sights at that price.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    They look like rebranded Sig iron sights, pretty much the same ones on my MPX

For the price, as a set for aluminum, they're probably solid. I run Magpul, Magpul Pro, Troy, Sig, and GG&G. I think I like the MBUS Pros the best

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Aw man! I have MagPuls on my 3 AR uppers, but that's only because I couldn't find the HK style at a reasonable price point.

A reasonable price point LIKE THIS!

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Aw man! I have MagPuls on my 3 AR uppers, but that's only because I couldn't find the HK style at a reasonable price point.

A reasonable price point LIKE THIS!

Aero Precision has metal flip ups now, HK style, and they're spring loaded. They're a little more than these though.

These sights have been out for a while, you just had to look under the Sig name. Whoever is making them for Sig looks to be selling them to PSA now

SIG SAUER Flip Up Iron Sights

HnK

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Ask my buddy who dropped his rifle this weekend. Has Troy folding sights and now has a bent front sight. I like the Magpul pro because they don't lock in the up position.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I like the YHM flip up sights personally and have them on all my AR's.

So to answer your question, no I haven't.

I will tell you I really dislike the plastic MagPul flip sights. They just feel cheap to me.
    Ditto. I have a couple sets of the Yankee Hill Machine QDS with the HK front. They are expensive but worth it IMHO.

farmerdan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Imho, Magpul Pros are hard to beat. And with Black Friday coming up, I'd be watching Primary Arms.

I have to agree with you. The Magpul pro's are really nice for the money. They have a good positive detent and are made of metal, not the plastic ones. Dan

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    To answer the OP questions, I have the rear sight on one of my rifles. I like it. It's a well made low profile sight that when on sale is a good buy. On the rear, adjustment are positive with an audible click that are done with a coin or cartage rim and once set they don't move. The apertures are true with sharp cuts and don't throw a glare like some I have in bright sunlight. It doesn't lock into place when deployed like some but the spring tension is enough that it stays put under use.

The only negative I've found is that to get it to tighten down properly on the rail positioning is important. Hard to describe but if you pick one up you'll quickly see what I mean. All in all I'd pick up a set if the price is right, I got the rear sight for under $40 on sale a few years back and it was a heck of a deal for what it is. It's the same sight as they carry now so if you get a set at a good price I'd go for it.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom