• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I have the raptor and a buddy of mine has the bravo. The raptor hands down is the better option imo. Feels sturdier and is very easy to grab and work with either hand. The bravo feels like it is digging into your finger meat everytime.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    If you want ambi, get the raptor. Otherwise, the BCM is proven GTG.

Price wise, you can find the BCM's for around $30. They're a lot cheaper than the raptor. So if you don't need/want an ambi charging handle, the BCM will definitely save you some money.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I personally like the BCM the only reason I would go with something different is if I found something with a heavy duty roll pin.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I love the Core 15 v2. it is only slightly larger than the standard one but makes it so i can really yank that thing under an optic. plus its under 25 bucks.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I love my BCM mod3 charging handles. I run these on 4 of my ARs and am thinking about putting them on the rest. They feel sturdy, have never gotten caught on anything while walking around my families 80 acres, don't pinch or dig into fingers, and can be found for $35 quite easily.

I also have a couple Strike Industries ARCH charging handles and am not all that impressed. Strike initially marketed them as having "gas busting characteristics" which couldn't be further from the truth. I sent them an email and called them out on it and they admitted it had never been tested or intended for suppressor use. They're an upgrade over a standard mil-spec but nothing more.

I then bought an Armageddon Tactical GMS-15 to try out. The GMS (Gas Management System) is made for suppressor use and designed in a way that it's supposed to redirect the blowback away from the shooter's face. I honestly don't notice a difference between the Armageddon and a BCM mod3. The Armageddon has less gripping area compared to the BCM mod3 but it's build like a tank. I can rip away at it and not worry about having to be gentle with it. Downside is that they're $80.

No experience with the Raptor.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I have 1 BCM Mod 4 (used to have 2, one on a 7.62 AR but I sold that upper), 1 Fortis Hammer, 2 POFs (soon to be 3, buying an upper soon).

The POFs are slick, good machining, but they're sharp.

Fortis Hammer looks slick, but is massive and sharper than the POFs.

The BCM Mod 4 is smooth and slick

I've fiddled with the Raptor before and like another has said, I liked the Ambi BCM better (The Ambi POF is...okay, and only $60)

I still want to mess around with the Armageddon Tactical and want to handle a Mega

At the moment, I think it's hard to beat the BCM

usmcdjb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    120   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Wabash County
    No experience with the ones you listed, but my Wilson Combat AR has a Precision Reflex gasbuster that I liked enough to get a couple more. Don't know how they compare from a cost perspective either.

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    I have both the BCM Mod 4 and the Raptor. Both are good, but I prefer the Raptor. Even if you don't care about it being ambi, well....I don't either, but I prefer the raptor and it's design. I perceive it as more solid and fluid in its function. I would not have purchased it, because I liked my BCM, but it came on a Noveske upper I bought last year. Pleasantly surprised.

Top Bottom