• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I have a POF lower with a Wilson Combat 7.62x40 upper. It has a vortex scope mounted on top. The charging handle is hard to operate with the scope. I need an oversize charging handle. Do I need the BCM 3 or 4?

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    I have a POF lower with a Wilson Combat 7.62x40 upper. It has a vortex scope mounted on top. The charging handle is hard to operate with the scope. I need an oversize charging handle. Do I need the BCM 3 or 4?

In your situation I'd go with the 3.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana

Using a taller set of rings like Warne Tacticals or getting a regular AR mount with only a 2" offset would give you a lot more clearance than those Zee Rings would, it would make room for your fingers.

As is, I'd go Mod 3 too

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Using a taller set of rings like Warne Tacticals or getting a regular AR mount with only a 2" offset would give you a lot more clearance than those Zee Rings would, it would make room for your fingers.

As is, I'd go Mod 3 too

It was setup as it is in the picture when I bought it. I'm new to the rifle scene, but thought lower is better for optics. What say ye INGO. Which is better and why?

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I have BCM on all my AR's too. The early ones without the ever so slight bevel are finger pinchers. Not so much on the newer ones.

I like them but would swap them all out for Raptors if I could.

Take a carbine class that has you maneuver, let the rifle hang from the sling and switch to side arm all the time and you'll learn to not like that pointy BCM charging handle dig into you.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It was setup as it is in the picture when I bought it. I'm new to the rifle scene, but thought lower is better for optics. What say ye INGO. Which is better and why?

As low as you can get it is preferred provided you can attain a comfortable and repeatable cheek weld which provides proper eye relief. I've set up a few gas guns like yours and it works just fine. I've never found a one piece mount I could use but I admit to being a bit unconventional in this regard.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    That scope is sitting way too low and way too far back for my tastes. Get a comfortable cheek weld and touch your nose to the charging handle. Set the scope out farther so you can get a clean clear view through the tube.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County

I have the BCM mod 4, I would think it would work under your scope.

OT, what is the theory for orienting bipod legs in that manner? Wouldn't recoil make them want to collapse? Just asking because I see it your way most often and I put mine on the other way and it seems to be fine.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I have the BCM mod 4, I would think it would work under your scope.

OT, what is the theory for orienting bipod legs in that manner? Wouldn't recoil make them want to collapse? Just asking because I see it your way most often and I put mine on the other way and it seems to be fine.

If you load the bipod properly the legs will not come close to folding up on you. The bipod is not there to absorb recoil, the recoil should be absorbed throughout your body and your body should prevent the rifle from moving much, certainly not enough to fold the bipod legs.

JStarr

Shooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Portland

While shooting off of a bipod push forward into the rifle with your shoulder and let your body absorb the recoil. By doing this you're going to have a far more stabilized shot and get back on target for a quicker follow up shot if needed.

Tangero

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    Lake County
    I haven't had any problems with the BCM large or medium, as well as the Troy ambi and Raptor charging handles. I bought the Troy on sale from Primary Arms recently, and do like it since it's ambi and a small profile, yet feels a bit wider than a standard handle.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom