• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    I was at the range this weekend shooting one of my AR's when it suddenly started double firing. Initially, I thought it was just me but a buddy and his son also took a turn and it happened to both of them as well. I looked online and everything seems to point to the trigger disconnect so I opened the rifle up, but I don't see any obvious damage to or wear on the trigger disconnect. Could it be a magazine issue? I didn't think to try swapping mags until after I got back home. Any other suggestions or do I just need to take it in to a competent gunsmith?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was at the range this weekend shooting one of my AR's when it suddenly started double firing. Initially, I thought it was just me but a buddy and his son also took a turn and it happened to both of them as well. I looked online and everything seems to point to the trigger disconnect so I opened the rifle up, but I don't see any obvious damage to or wear on the trigger disconnect. Could it be a magazine issue? I didn't think to try swapping mags until after I got back home. Any other suggestions or do I just need to take it in to a competent gunsmith?

Happened to a buddy and it was the trigger pin had came out of its seat. Might not be your issue but it was his.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Did the firearm discharge two rounds with one trigger pull, or was it one round when the trigger was pulled and a second round when the trigger was released?

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Did the firearm discharge two rounds with one trigger pull, or was it one round when the trigger was pulled and a second round when the trigger was released?
    It discharged two rounds with each trigger pull. It did it once and then worked fine for a few more rounds. Then every trigger pull resulted in a double-fire.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Either a bump fire or a disconnector issue.

I bump fired an M1 garand one time at the nationals at camp perry. The first round was a 10. The second round landed in the lake. I was not happy.

If you don't press the trigger all the way through, every semi auto rifle will bump fire

Top Bottom