• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jtwilson3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    Hey all, I am new to the AR scene and was considering purchasing an AR. There is a DPMS for $650 at a LGS and I was curious as to if there would be a large availability on Friday of the gun show? What would the prices be like at the show? What have they been lately? Is it worth it to buy at the gun show rather than the LGS? Also what brands should I look for that would be worth the money? P.S. looking to spend around $600-700 maybe more with accessories such as a scope.

Side Question: Are there any other threads or information about AR's for beginners. All the information about them, the differences between certain brands, what makes a certain brand better than the other, etc.

Thanks,
    Josh

jtwilson3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    Well are there very many used AR's? Because I have never seen one in a store. If so how much do they go for. And that EO is 1000?

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Sure, there are lots of used ARs but prices are still coming down after the "post Newtown ban scare". Lots of stores have both new and used in stock. I'm not sure where you've been shopping. Better try Plainfeild or Bradis or Beech Grove or Premier. Those are my favorite/most visited LGS (local gun stores) right now.

There might be some deals at the upcoming Indy 1500 show too.

jtwilson3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    I currently live in Muncie. Usually go to McGalliard. Not a bad little store really. I like the guys in there. I am actually going to Bradis tomorrow after I get out of school. Just for kicks what would you suggest?

I have been looking at:
    DPMS ORACLE (Favorite so far)
    Bushmaster
    and someone mentioned olympic arms ppc?
    Someone else mentioned Rock River Arms but I can't seem to find a good priced one.

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    I saw a DPMS sport AR in the Greenfield Walmart for $650ish range. Not sure of the quality of the DPMS sport, but for a beginner, it might be in the price range to start off in.

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    Hey all, I am new to the AR scene and was considering purchasing an AR. There is a DPMS for $650 at a LGS and I was curious as to if there would be a large availability on Friday of the gun show? What would the prices be like at the show? What have they been lately? Is it worth it to buy at the gun show rather than the LGS? Also what brands should I look for that would be worth the money? P.S. looking to spend around $600-700 maybe more with accessories such as a scope.

Side Question: Are there any other threads or information about AR's for beginners. All the information about them, the differences between certain brands, what makes a certain brand better than the other, etc.

Thanks,
    Josh

if you go to the Indy 1500, make a bee line strait to ZX guns. You'll find your best ar prices there.

jtwilson3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    What kind of prices are we talking about and for what kind of guns Kirkd? Because I could go early in the morning if they are good enough. And is ZX guns on this site or have a site where I can contact them?

And yeah cook4army, there is a DPMS at my LGS for 649 and I think I could even go 20-30 cheaper.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Just look at how many ar's are for sale both here and other boards. Bottom is dropping back to preobama levels. Lot of people getting stuck with big purchases.

jtwilson3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    I wasn't around for the pre-obama level (Only 22 and got into guns a year ago). What was the level on things? Like how much did things cost

AR's?
    Ammo?
    Glocks
    Etc..

I got my bersa 380 with crimson trace for about $500 about 6 months ago which was pretty reasonable for the time and still pretty decent. I just don't know the preobama prices.

KagA152

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 18, 2013
    Freetown
    Palmetto State Armory has some good daily deals today on everything you need to build a rifle, 5 PMAGS, and a bag for $700 plus shipping (included is a stock kit that isn't on special today). Just have to get the lower transfered through your LGS.

jtwilson3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    I actually just went to Bradis and got a gun today. Got an Olympic Arms PPFT flat-top, a red dot site, foregrip, barrel brush, and 100 rounds of ammo for about $800. Pretty good.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I actually just went to Bradis and got a gun today. Got an Olympic Arms PPFT flat-top, a red dot site, foregrip, barrel brush, and 100 rounds of ammo for about $800. Pretty good.

What time were you there? I was there too.

Side note... the guy on the Bradis II side told me Tula and Wolf were made by the same company & steel case doesn't work well in anything other than a bolt gun. :ugh:

Top Bottom