• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jtwilson3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    I was there at about 5:15-6:00. And really? I don't know anything about ammo and know that is just SLIGHTLY wrong Hop lol.

jtwilson3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    Were you looking at the carbine with the laser? I saw one person doing that. And darn you are sneaky lol

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Nope. .22 pistols, then 9mm sub-compacts. I bet you had on the blue shirt. :shady:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    :shady:

No fake suppressors for me. I use the real NFA stuff. I was there looking at stuff with threaded barrels for my can.

Bradis had a ton of AR to pick from. How did you ever decide on what to buy?

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I currently live in Muncie. Usually go to McGalliard. Not a bad little store really. I like the guys in there. I am actually going to Bradis tomorrow after I get out of school. Just for kicks what would you suggest?

I have been looking at:
    DPMS ORACLE (Favorite so far)
    Bushmaster
    and someone mentioned olympic arms ppc?
    Someone else mentioned Rock River Arms but I can't seem to find a good priced one.

This is the problem. Do a search here and find out about these guys. Check the 1500 this weekend before you give these guys a single cent. Buckshot in Winchester has several AR's in stock as well. Palmetto stuff is quite good quality and price.

jtwilson3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    I freaking love the walther p22. Just the look, feel, and size of that gun is amazing. You should check them out. If i ever get a .22 that is where I am going.

What are Indiana's laws on Suppressors? I never have actually known...

And honestly? Just got the cheapest lol. The fiance wasn't keen on me getting one so I went cheap for my first one. I did look around at multiple brands though at different stores. The Oly was actually one of my favorites in terms of feel and weight. HOWEVER if I could have found a Mossberg I really wanted to look at one. I just loved the look of them.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    The P-22 was nice but the Ruger SR-22 felt a little better to me. Supressors can cost anywhere from ~$150 up to whatever. You fill out the BATF paperwork along with a couple sets of finger print cards & maybe an LEO signature (depends on if you do a Trust) and send it off with $200 for approval. ~6-8 months later you get a tax stamp and can pick up the suppressor from the dealer.

AR "kits" are pretty easy to do yourself. Basic hand tools will get a stripped AR lower mostly done. A special AR carbine wrench will help attach the buffer tube. The lower is considered the "gun". You can buy a fully assembeled upper from anywhere. If you want to build an upper you'll need a couple more AR armorer tools.

jtwilson3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    Oh yeah you're right lol. Spend an extra $30 to get a flat top and telescopic. And knowing my self, I would just blow up the gun. haha. I MIGHT attempt to put one together someday but for my first one I just wanted to buy it already done.

And that ruger is nice. .22's are just so fun to shoot.

The Wamp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Martinsville

Not exactly 'Luke' that. Did you click on your link to see where it led? And did you happen to see the text highlighted in blaze orange?

null_zps297885e8.png

The Wamp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Martinsville
    It says in-store only sales. You can't buy it online.

.22 is scarce for many reasons. People are scared, buying ammo, .22 is very cheap, easy to hoard lots of, etc. Google search it.

John317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    What I did was look around for a couple weeks to see what my options were for the price range I wanted and made a list of things I wanted such as forward assist and a dust cover - not necessary but I still wanted them so the S&W MP-15 sport was out of the question. I knew I didn't want a carbon fiber so the Wyndam-not sure on the spelling was out of the questions. I knew I wanted one that could handle 5.56 rounds an not just .223. I recommend not trying to build one for your first AR unless you have someone helping you along the way IMO unless you are going to do a precision build and not worry about cost it's better to just get one that is already complete. I ended up going with a Stag Model 2 that I picked up from Beech Grove and love it, recently replaced the hand guards so I could have a rail system and took no time at all. I have about 500 rounds through it no issues.

So take your time to go see what you like and don't like about different models and set ups see how they feel when you hold them and something will stand out and it'll be an easy decision... if you go with a .22 AR be prepared to want an 5.56 one within a week though :)

Top Bottom