Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    ACT is going to host a Self Defense Seminar (SDS) on April 17, 2010.

Those wanting to sign up should be looking to do drills designed for self defense carry. This is meant to be an introductory course for people looking to get more training for self defense. It is not an replacement for a Defensive Pistol course, but would be a good introduction to ACT and Defensive pistol drills.

Those wanting to sign up should RSVP with me via email.

eye and ear protection needed.
    gun, magazines and holster required.
    Come dress and equiped as you are on the street.

200 rounds should do for the three hour session but bring plenty.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    What drills we do will depend on the experience and skill level of the participants. When you respond via email, please include a few words about your shooting experience, past training, and anything else that will help us plan an appropriate set of exercises for the class.

The seminar will last approximately three hours and the cost is $25.

Location is Atlanta Conservation Club, Atlanta, IN.

Siderite

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Rhino,
    just checking that you have me and my fiancée on the list for this. We're looking forward to it.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Ugh, this is also on the opening day of little league baseball season. Hopefully I'll get a a schedule for games this week and see if there is any way I can squeak it in.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Rhino,
    just checking that you have me and my fiancée on the list for this. We're looking forward to it.

You'll have to send email to me (I don't always recognize INGO userids well enough to match them to names and faces), and then I can check to see if you are the list. If you are not, I will add you.

Please include you full names and a little about your past training and shooting experience.

Joseph@AdaptiveConsultingandTraining.com

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Ugh, this is also on the opening day of little league baseball season. Hopefully I'll get a a schedule for games this week and see if there is any way I can squeak it in.

Sounds good. We would love to have you if it fits your schedule.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    SDS

If you are on the fence about taking a Pistol class with us this would be a great introduction to the company and perhaps even an introduction to training at the same time. Cost is low and time commitment is minimal.

I highly recommend doing this Self Defense Seminar and then if you learn something sign up for the Defensive Pistol 101 on May 1.

Those wanting to participate in the SDS need to RSVP with Rhino or myself. It is a pay at the door situation.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    To all attendees of the 17 April 2010 ACT Self Defense Seminar at AtlantaCC:

We've had a request to address some important defense-related issues during the seminar coming next weekend. Among those are:
    Defensive concerns for apartment dwellers
    Issues related to the presence of family members or other dependents during a defensive situation
    Issues related to the use of firearms in an around vehicles

The seminar will provide a brief introduction to these topics by ACT instructor Granger Wilkins. Ideally it will help raise awareness and perhaps help students plan for their future training and preparation needs.

This seminar will not incorporate any live fire exercises. If you have a Blue Gun or similar inert training replica that fits your holster, please bring it with you!

You are encouraged to bring your spouse or other family members for which such information is suitable. Please let me know via email if you'll be bringing extra people with you.

If wish to attend, but have not yet contacted me, please do so via email as soon as you can.

Joseph@AdaptiveConsultingandTraining.com

Siderite

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Would a gun with a yellow training barrel be acceptable in place of a blue gun?

Also, we wanted to check on the time this will start, as the ACC calendar (Atlanta Conservation Club) shows this as going on at 2pm, after the Steel match, but someone mentioned that the SDS would start at noon. We had been hoping to do both, since it is a bit of drive from Lafayette, but if push comes to shove then we'll just bow out of the match early.

Thanks!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The seminar is from 1200 - 1500 hr.

I would be otherwise amenable to a later start time so people could shoot the steel match too, but Granger is not available later in the day due to another obligation.

Top Bottom