• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    It is official. Appleseed is coming to the Ft Wayne Rifle and Revolver Club November 21 and 22. We will have a 25 meter firing line and the ability to shoot out to 300 yards. So be sure to bring a centerfire rifle for the longer yard lines.

More info at The Appleseed Project and Fort Wayne Rifle & Revolver Gun Club... Home

Don't let weather stop you, you can always warm up in our heated range building.

Get signed up now. We are aiming for at least 50 Appleseeders.

Dean

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Ok, folks, who's gonna be there?

I've got my SKS up and running again, and may even bring another .30 or two out... depends on a few things, like if they're still available when I go to buy!

I'll have to double check my work schedule, but will try to make it.

Josh <><

CulpeperMM

Master
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Captain Isaac Davis of the Acton Minutemen, permanently perched over Concord. The statue is located in Minute Man National Historical Park.
    Minute_Man.JPG

By the rude bridge that arched the flood,
    Their flag to April’s breeze unfurled,
    Here once the embattled farmers stood,
    And fired the shot heard round the world.
    :patriot:

Last edited:

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I'll see if I can make it up, but not sure since my sister will be back home from Seattle for a visit. And I know she is expecting to use my car to go down near Louisville sometime while home. I'll have to see what I can do though.

Dsgnr_81

Sharpshooter
    Oct 28, 2009
    Pendleton Indiana
    I've wanted to do one of these for awhile...

BUT, the only semi-auto rifle I have would be an AK, and I've only been able to sight it in at 100 yards. (my conservation club only has a 100 yard range). Would I be better off with my Mosin? I hate to think of firing hundreds of rounds with that beast though... talk about a sore shoulder!!!:ar15:Any advice?

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Sight your AK at 100 yards, 3 inches high and you will be fine. The biggest problem with AK's is that long 30 round mag that stops you from getting into a good prone position.

There will be loaners, I'm sure. I will have an extra 22 for sure. Just stay in touch and show up.

yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    BUT, the only semi-auto rifle I have would be an AK, and I've only been able to sight it in at 100 yards. (my conservation club only has a 100 yard range). Would I be better off with my Mosin? I hate to think of firing hundreds of rounds with that beast though... talk about a sore shoulder!!!:ar15:Any advice?

By the time you complete an Appleseed you will know how to adjust your sights for 300 yards without expending more than a few rounds. :D

Ideally any good 22 is best, removable mag fed even better. "Good", meaning it has had hundreds of rounds through it and you know what ammo to feed it so you have a trouble free day. Not dealing with jams allows more brain cells to pay attention to the training. 10/22 is the favorite, though I have seen good shooting done with a Marlin semi auto (765?) and with CZ/Marlin bolt actions.

See ya there!

YHJ

Dsgnr_81

Sharpshooter
    Oct 28, 2009
    Pendleton Indiana
    Well, if able, I'll be bringing the AK. Wife might need surgery which would obviously necessitate me staying to look after her and the new little guy. I'll keep you all posted, but if I'm unable to attend, I look forward to the AAR!

Jeremiah

Master
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    What will be the total cost for the day, excluding ammo, for a non service member male over 21, 470 dollars plus range fee or just 70 dollars?

Top Bottom