• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    In person I usually buy from the guy up at 116th & Allisonville. Otherwise online I buy from JMBullion, SDBullion, or APMex.

I buy a mix of rounds, coins and collector pieces.

This week I got in a 1 oz collector Peanuts Valentines day round, and a 1 oz 2021 Wolverine coin.

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    What's with the physical possession? Are you trying to front run the market?
    What's wrong with just buying SLV ?

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    What's with the physical possession? Are you trying to front run the market?
    What's wrong with just buying SLV ?
    I just want in early......and today. SLV will be fine if you can buy at 6pm today, but by 4 am tomorrow and 7 am tomorrow, I wouldnt be surprised to see silver up 20% or more. It may end up a flop......but it may run 500%. Who knows....

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    OK, thx Randy. I have collected Silver Eagle Proofs for 30+ years. Nice that they might get a bump, but they're collectables, not bullion.
    Have you guys considered there is a not insubstantial fee to sell physical silver? My guess is you'd be selling at spot less 10. Of course, if it goes to 500, who cares?

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Do people "short" silver just like they do stocks? Guessing they do?
    From what I understand is yes, they do. And that is why there is a rush on buying all you can today. I guess it has something to do with physical silver, London and if silver futures pop at 6pm today, London has to have more physical silver....which in turn runs up silver because of supply and demand. That is really layman terms and from me, which I really know nothing about.

I am just thinking about it like a stock...which I do kind of understand. When people borrow shares to sell them they are shorting something they never even own, they are using the poor long investors shares to drive his own shares he owns lower. But when the longs start buying and the price rises, then the short must replace them shares he has been borrowing. Therefore he may have to buy shares that were $5 for $50. And it is really hard to cover when a company has short 150% of its total float. Silver may do that same thing from what I understand.

Like I say though, I know nothing about trading gold, silver, futures or where the value of silver or gold comes from or how it is backed. Way over my head....this is pure speculative gambling for me, but if I lose I still have the silver if I buy physical silver. You can't do that playing roulette or blackjack.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    OK, thx Randy. I have collected Silver Eagle Proofs for 30+ years. Nice that they might get a bump, but they're collectables, not bullion.
    Have you guys considered there is a not insubstantial fee to sell physical silver? My guess is you'd be selling at spot less 10. Of course, if it goes to 500, who
    A lot of silver such as Eagles, Maple Leafs and certain mint bars command a premium above spot on the secondary market as well.

Top Bottom