• ...and so much more!
  • ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    That is a great deal on what I am sure is a solid optic. I have just always preferred Streamlight TLR-1 HLs which boast a lot more lumens. I am also usually concerned about holster compatibility and Streamlight is much more common in the holster world. But if this is for a bedside gun, then maybe that is not a concern.

BSUrugger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Behind the reticle
    I just got mine. For the price it’s excellent. Here are my takeaways after only having one day:

Pros: slim and sleek, two modes (tap on, hold for momentary), price at PSA, locks up tight, no strobe mode. Perfect for a G19 sized pistol.

Cons: the buttons are really stiff, activation takes more effort than it should. But, it seems to be “breaking in”. There’s also an “e-clip” that is on the end of the threads of the mount screw and it’s a PITA to remove and install. Though, I’m not convinced it’s required…

Left is the light from the foxtrot and the right picture is a streamlight tlr1

Attachments

• 641F7CC4-5F34-4321-B738-0054E5EC9022.jpeg
      641F7CC4-5F34-4321-B738-0054E5EC9022.jpeg
      370.1 KB · Views: 10
    • 75D2D575-AC7A-4365-B49B-45C782E3A9CE.jpeg
      75D2D575-AC7A-4365-B49B-45C782E3A9CE.jpeg
      678.2 KB · Views: 8

Bluehazemay

Modern Pirate Lord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I just got mine. For the price it’s excellent. Here are my takeaways after only having one day:

Pros: slim and sleek, two modes (tap on, hold for momentary), price at PSA, locks up tight, no strobe mode. Perfect for a G19 sized pistol.

Cons: the buttons are really stiff, activation takes more effort than it should. But, it seems to be “breaking in”. There’s also an “e-clip” that is on the end of the threads of the mount screw and it’s a PITA to remove and install. Though, I’m not convinced it’s required…

Left is the light from the foxtrot and the right picture is a streamlight tlr1
    Thank you for the info! Was curious about this product and information like this help out tremendously!

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    For a nightstand gun - you're going to definitely want All the Candela. Someone's life could potentially hang in the balance.

The minimum for a nightstand gun, IMO, would be a Streamlight TLR-1 HL or TLR-9.

Others would be the X300 or X300 Turbo from Surefire or one of the Modlights.

Again - this is a weapon for personal defense. You MUST have 100% positive identification of your target.

Wimpy lights do not allow for that.

pewpewINpewpew

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 12, 2023
    Fishers
    If you want a great light, Olight Valkyrie LEP. It retails for $149 but you can find a coupon or something to discount. It's a "light" that uses a blue laser. Super far visibility and acts as a spotlight on the "target" rather than lighting up the whole room. IMO its great for defensive situations since if it is shining at something then the barrel is pointed at the same thing. In a panic, whatever is lit up by the light is roughly where you're going to hit. No need to aim, just light them up and start pressing the trigger. I believe, per the website, it is visible for 500+ meters. 180 hour estimated battery life is pretty good too. It also comes in brown and black colors.

Top Bottom