• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • n9vmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    What say you all???

Provides that the following persons are exempt from paying fees in addition to application fees to obtain a lifetime unlimited license to carry a handgun in Indiana: (1) A person who is a resident of Indiana and possesses a valid permit to carry a concealed firearm issued by the state of Utah under the Utah law in effect on July 1, 2013. (2) A person who is a resident of Indiana and has successfully completed a course of instruction conducted by a national, state, or local firearms training organization approved by the Utah bureau of criminal identification under the Utah law concerning permits to carry concealed firearms in effect on July 1, 2013.

Indiana General Assembly

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I certainly like the idea, but I've already paid for my lifetime LTCH, so for me it's a moot point. I'm sure several others would be interested in this concept, but I'd think it would be taking moneys from the IN budget and only sending it to the UT budget.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I certainly like the idea, but I've already paid for my lifetime LTCH, so for me it's a moot point. I'm sure several others would be interested in this concept, but I'd think it would be taking moneys from the IN budget and only sending it to the UT budget.

Not necessarily, if you take a Utah approved Conceal Carry class in Indiana you are also exempt. This might actually encourage people to get training by using the money for the class instead of paying for the license.

rsklar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    As a Utah CFP Instructor and Indiana LTCH - Lifetime, The only reason people want the Utah Permit is because Utah has reciprocity with States that require training. If Indiana reguired training, we would have reciprocity with many more States.

Also Indiana would need to increase their level of background checks. Most States that require annual or periodic background checks (such as when a person renews) will not recognize IN because it is lifetime.

Utah performs a background check on EVERY permit holder who lived in Utah daily. For EVERY non-resident permit holder it is completed at least quarterly - although they are working on making it daily at some future point.

Ohio, for example, does not recognize two of its boarder states, Indiana and Pennsylvania solely because both Indiana and Pennsylvania do not require training.

Top Bottom