• ...and so much more!
  • DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I have a coworker that has a 460 Rowland conversion happening for a FNX 45 Tactical. Anyone currently loading for this round? I told him I would ask around and see what would be a good target load with a hard cast lead bullet and a good jacketed HP load. He found some ammo through Underwood, but it’s too salty to buy in bulk.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    I think I may still have a bunch of loaded ammo that was originally loaded by Georgia Arms somewhere at the store. I got it long enough ago that it would not be as expensive as it would be if I had to buy it now. If they might be interested, let me know and I'll try to see what I might have left.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Hey @DocIndy - It took me forever to find my data logs in my books, but I finally found them.

They're for 5" barrels using Longshot. I loaded 185gn and 200gn. These are also uncompensated bull barrel loads.

Data below:

Hornady XTP 185gn Hodgdon Longshot - 12.3gns start, 13.4gns max, 1425-1450fps, OAL 1.240"
    Hornady XTP 200gn Hodgdon Longshot - 12.3gns start, 13.7gns max, 1400-1450fps, OAL 1.240"

There is data for a 230gn but you're pushing what I consider acceptable CUP if you're pushing the round (as you should be). Data HERE.

PM me if you need help with anything.

Thanks, man.

Andrew

Top Bottom