• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Hi All - I am lookin at moving out of my bloody liberal neighborhood and saw a house on line in Pendleton. Anyone familiar with this area - how are the schools? I read there are a couple prisons there - that kinda makes people twitchy and I want to be able to sell in 5-6 years - opinions please.

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Thanks for the feedback! I found a cool house on 5 acres. Living in the fish bowl is killing me - I want privacy and a place where my boys can play army without getting dirty looks from the neighbors

Truckie174

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Pendleton
    We moved here about 2 years ago. My wife grew up here. We wanted the kiddos to grow up closer to family. Schools are top notch. In our experience, most of our neighbors keep to themselves. Very quiet. Of course, we have 4 kids.......so we might be the "loud ones"!

As far as the prisons go, the in-laws have lived right down the road from them for 20 or so years. They have only been inconvienienced a handful of times. And to be honest, I can't remember the last time they had any issues.

Hope this helps, and good luck on the house hunt!

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Anderson
    I live on the south side of Anderson, and attended Pendleton schools. Schools are great. Park is awesome (Falls park). Neighborhoods are generally very nice (no "bad part of town"). Problems with the jails are few and far between. Great access to I-69. Great access to Hwy 67 (Pendleton Pike). 10 minutes from Anderson (groceries and shopping). 10 minutes from Hamilton Town Center (new Simon shopping center, great!). 20 Minutes from Fishers/Castleton. 45 minutes from downtown Indy. 20 minutes from downtown Noblesville. 25 minutes from Muncie (40 minutes from Ball State Univ.) Highly recommended!

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Nice small town with very good schools, enough shopping for what you need, and about 25 miles from the DNR Wilber Wright firing range which is FREE!!!!

Also as said above, with I69 right next to town, easy access to virtually anywhere.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Anderson
    Oh ya... Gun range... I forgot. I've heard it's possible to shoot at the Indiana State Police post there in Pendleton, but I've never confirmed that.

However, I'm a member of the Fall Creek Valley Conservation Club which is less than 10 minutes from Pendleton. It is a private club, with annual dues. They have 5 trap houses. A 7 yard pistol range, plus 25 yard, 50, and 100 yard ranges. They are also currently under construction to modify the pistol range, and within the next few years add a 200 yard range. (Pistol range will remain open during this time).

See fcvcc.org for details.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I have lived here most all my life.(At least I had roots here since i was in first grade. ) Schools are above average. Housing prices are down a little but it is one of the only towns in madison county that grew in population in the last 10 years.

If you want a place in the country there is a place for sale down the road from me. (You might not be the roudy neighbor and i like to play army at times myself) ) As far as gun stuff don;t forget the Indiana gun club is about 10 miles away also. If you want cheap housing look at the matchbox homes in the builders of CP morgan. No resale value but you can get a foreclosed one cheap or rent until you find a better place. Most houses will fill up defore school starts.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Oh ya... Gun range... I forgot. I've heard it's possible to shoot at the Indiana State Police post there in Pendleton, but I've never confirmed that.

However, I'm a member of the Fall Creek Valley Conservation Club which is less than 10 minutes from Pendleton. It is a private club, with annual dues. They have 5 trap houses. A 7 yard pistol range, plus 25 yard, 50, and 100 yard ranges. They are also currently under construction to modify the pistol range, and within the next few years add a 200 yard range. (Pistol range will remain open during this time).

See fcvcc.org for details.

I've been a member at fcvcc for about 10 years now, all of the folks out there are great & the facilities just keep getting better & better.

Well worth the membership fee's IMHO.

TomCollins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    East Central Indiana
    I've lived in and around Pendleton for years, went to Pendleton schools it's a great town. The only crime is skateboarders in the park lol, and I've never heard of and incident with the prison.

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    We've lived in or around for the past 8 years now and we plan to stay in the near area when we build our next house (though we're going back to the country). Our kids aren't old enough for first hand experience on the school system but we've heard pretty much all good things about them.

Top Bottom