Anyone know what happened to the Michiana Gun Exchange facbook group?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I bailed on the Indiana-ish one I was on. Not sure if it was fart-in-the-winded or not. Too much stupid and too much concern for a Beach Grove Walmart incident if I bought one off of there...

T/C Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    North of South Bend
    Facebook + Gun = Gone.

Facebook is anti guns.

Not completely anti-gun. Locally, both Midwest stores and Kodiak have fb pages and there is a huge number of gun related fb pages from all over the country. Facebook might not like gun sales or trades being made on their pages as that could lead to law suits from the gun grabbers.

Htrailblazer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Franklin
    I started one of the first facebook groups for central indiana and had well over 12000 members. It was also deleted without notice, and a generic email sent to me telling me it violated thier terms of service. It became a huge PITA once we got up to about 10000 people and I was pretty much over it anyway so I was only a little sad it was gone.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    I'm a member of group Indiana guns $250 or less and I'm pretty surprised it hasn't been shut down yet. Very often there are posts along the lines of "need a gun tonight, caliber doesn't matter".

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    You have INGO what do you need Facebook for? Besides all those gun groups are being pulled, even the secret ones.
    The Michiana group was nice since it was just local stuff. You didn't have sort through all of the stuff down in Indy or in Evansville.

T/C Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    North of South Bend
    You have INGO what do you need Facebook for?
    Michiana Gun Exchange didn't seem to require pictures for items listed for sale. I was a member for only about a week before they went dark so maybe I just hadn't found that requirement (if one existed). I have trouble posting pictures on forums so being able list items without pics would have been a plus for me. :)

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Michiana Gun Exchange didn't seem to require pictures for items listed for sale. I was a member for only about a week before they went dark so maybe I just hadn't found that requirement (if one existed). I have trouble posting pictures on forums so being able list items without pics would have been a plus for me. :)
    Lemme get this straight, you can sign up for a forum, post 123 times, add an avatar, but can't figure out how to post a picture?

T/C Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    North of South Bend
    Lemme get this straight, you can sign up for a forum, post 123 times, add an avatar, but can't figure out how to post a picture?

You've got it straight. I'm a retired carpenter and what little I know about computers I've taught myself. I haven't been able to get ImageShack or similar services to work reliably.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    You've got it straight. I'm a retired carpenter and what little I know about computers I've taught myself. I haven't been able to get ImageShack or similar services to work reliably.

I agree with you 100%. I am a retired farmer. I don't have an in-house IT guy. I don't have grand kids, etc. to help. I have self taught what little I can accomplish on a computer. Every time I sort of figure something out, things are changed or my computer/software is out dated and needs replaced. What I have works for email, word processing, etc but can't handle RAM required for most other things today. Kind of resent needing to spend money every couple years to keep up. By the time I get the new stuff figured out it's outdated. I have other things I would rather spend my time & money on...like more guns, ammo, and shooting.

Top Bottom