• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Had a nice road-side chat with one of them not too long ago.

Actually, he did most of the talking.

Rather unfortunate, me thinks.

Just curious as to if he's on here, by chance. Then I can publicly shame him for ticketing a fellow INGO member.

*sigh*

-J-

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Just curious as to if he's on here, by chance. Then I can publicly shame him for ticketing a fellow INGO member.
    -

I'm going to assume that's a glib statement, but if it's not, there are plenty of threads on here of people who thought they should get special treatment because they're a LEO/fireman/fraternity brother/etc. If you deserved the ticket, I suggest you pay it and move on.

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    Plead not guilty. Who knows. He might not show for court.

My last two tickets I was guilty as guilty could be.. one a seat belt violation and the other a no left turn. I plead not guilty on both. Showed up for court on both occasions... and the police didn't show... so my tickets were thrown out.

I wish you luck. It sucks being pulled over. Sometimes you just have to "eat it" too.

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    The couple officers I've talked to tend to only show up if you were a jerk to them during the stop. One officer I used to work with at FedEx would write their names down so he'd remember them if he got the summons about their court case.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Plead not guilty. Who knows. He might not show for court.

My last two tickets I was guilty as guilty could be.. one a seat belt violation and the other a no left turn. I plead not guilty on both. Showed up for court on both occasions... and the police didn't show... so my tickets were thrown out.

I wish you luck. It sucks being pulled over. Sometimes you just have to "eat it" too.

I am just thinking out loud, but that seems like a waste of resources. Go through all the trouble, encumber the court system, all to beat a ticket you deserve. I am not trying to chastise you, again just thinking out loud and wondering what others think. OTOH, it would be naive to think that tickets aren't about money, and as such who gives a **** about encumbering them.

I get pissed about the stupid cases that slow down the judicial system, but am not sure if this falls into that category.

Thoughts?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    My thoughs are:

I was speeding.

I don't want to drive all the way back up to Decatur to attend the court session.

I've asked for my case to be reviewed for eligibility in the deferment program.

Program is a way to generate more money for the county (higher fees than the ticket cost...by about $40), but nothing reported to insurance.

Only about .25 mile from the northern county line, too, when I stopped for him.

-J-

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Yeah, but coming back up there would require another day off of work; after I just took 4 vacation days the week after Christmas.

Plus the gas cost to get there and back...time involved in the travel...

I'll just pony up.

-J-

Top Bottom