Anyone here work for DNR? Do you get calls from "Karens"?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    I live in the suburbs, and we have a lot of woods around here, so obviously we have various wildlife inhabiting those woods. Of course, deer are one of the types of inhabitants.

We apparently have a neighborhood facebook group where people can go and whine about things going on in the neighborhood. I don't facebook, but my kids do, and they belong to the group. I only have one kid still living at home, but one who has moved out is still a member, and they both like to stir the pot there. :):

Well, my daughter who still lives at home was telling me about someone who posted that she saw a fawn by the side of the road, then saw the fawn and a doe standing by the side of the road. Karen told people not to worry, because she had called DNR about it.

When I got done laughing, I asked my daughter what the heck the Karen expected DNR to do about it. She said "I don't know, they're just deer doing deer things", and we both had a good laugh about it.

So now I'm wondering how many Karen calls the DNR must get. If anyone here works for DNR and has some good Karen stories, please share them so we can all have a good laugh.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I like the people who post asking about how to save injured coyotes or raccoons or talking about how "cute" the groundhogs are. There are some "nuisance" animals that should not be rehabbed or rescued. Just put them down humanely and call it a day.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    I enjoy animals both on and off the dinner plate, including rescuing an injured baby raccoon that showed up in the backyard. Very injured.
    When it was healed I relocated it to a really coony swamp, by that time we were operating on the basis of name recognition, coming when called, sitting in the backyard sharing cookies...
    So OK it's fun doing a good deed but pet coons are more than I want to handle; it was time to finish the deed, moving it to coon paradise. cookie.jpg

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Another rescue was Pearl who wandered out of the southeast Texas thickets, who showed up in the screen porch so starved down and very pregnant that I had to assist in the deliveries. She recovered and lived with us for several years.
    This is Koala, one of the litter. A real sweetheart.
    Hirsch and Koala.jpg

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Another rescue was Pearl who wandered out of the southeast Texas thickets, who showed up in the screen porch so starved down and very pregnant that I had to assist in the deliveries. She recovered and lived with us for several years.
    This is Koala, one of the litter. A real sweetheart.
    View attachment 149829
    I'll rescue the flintlock for ya.................

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

We apparently have a neighborhood facebook group where people can go and whine about things going on in the neighborhood. I don't facebook, but my kids do

I'm guessing there is a group like this in my area, but do not know as I do not do zuckbook.

I can only imagine what some of the "progressive folks" around me might whine about...LOL

zuckbook: There is a man that walks around the neighborhood with a GUN. Sometimes he not only carries a GUN, but smokes a cigar....right in front of children!

BigRed: I walked around the neighborhood looking for him, but did not find him.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Several weeks ago there was an injured coyote in the common area of our neighborhood. Someone called a rehab place about it, My first thought was "jes choot it!"
    A few minutes before, there was another sighting of the coyote...

7961138abf43b83ebe6803cd96aeb5c6.gif

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    This summer, there was a deer running around bloomington near Bryan Park. It had it's intestines hanging out.

I talked to the poor DNR guy looking for the deer. He seemed like he was having a tough day.
    He said that videos were being posted and irate calls were being made to his bosses. It sounded like the bored bossy butt army was in full force.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Were you mad as hell or amused?

I've told the full story here somewhere before, but basically I was:

1) Greatly relieved that the mass casualty hit/run had only water fowl as victims.
    2) Busted up laughing at the absurdity of it once the adrenalin hit started fading and I was standing in what looked like a mattress factory explosion.
    3) A mixture of irritation and pure dumbfoundedness (is that a word?) at the woman who called. She really expected me to lock up her neighbor for hit/run.

Here's the original post: https://www.indianagunowners.com/threads/vigil-held-for-400-murdered-geese.419068/#post-6665330

Posts 13 and a few after are the relevant ones.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    We had a Karen on the local book of faces today. Her neighborhood pond had several dead fish in it and she wasn't sure who to call to report it. To be clear - she wasn't worried about the wild life or the environmental impact (this pond is managed by a 'service' who maintains it along with their common spaces and their pool, etc...). Karen wanted to know who to call to complain because the dead fish were starting to smelled like... dead fish.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We had a Karen on the local book of faces today. Her neighborhood pond had several dead fish in it and she wasn't sure who to call to report it. To be clear - she wasn't worried about the wild life or the environmental impact (this pond is managed by a 'service' who maintains it along with their common spaces and their pool, etc...). Karen wanted to know who to call to complain because the dead fish were starting to smelled like... dead fish.
    If only they could smell like roses. :ugh:

Top Bottom