Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Need keys cut and fob programmed.
    Located in grant county but I will travel
    Anyone here have the service or recommendations for it?? Keys made for 2008 suburban and a key fob or 2. Thanks.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Need keys cut and fob programmed.
    Located in grant county but I will travel
    Anyone here have the service or recommendations for it?? Keys made for 2008 suburban and a key fob or 2. Thanks.
    Have you tried replacing the outer shell on the fibs, assuming you have them? All my old ones work perfectly once I replaced the shells.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Have you tried replacing the outer shell on the fibs, assuming you have them? All my old ones work perfectly once I replaced the shells.
    If… I had one.. I usually hang my keys up on a hook by the door.. usually but lately all I have done is hospital visits and work.. moms just been moved to a rehabilitation facility and my sister is special needs with suffering from seizures to ice the cake.. she needs constant supervision and help
    So sleep and exhaustion have been my biggest challenge. That state of mind is the contributing factor of me hiding my keys from myself.. I’m good!
    Embarrassed.. sorta but not to much or I would not have let Ingo in on my madness..
    The suburban came with only 1 key..I have went to get a spare key made and that blank was always gone so another kick to the nards about not getting one.. sounds like a Don Henley song.. dirty laundry!

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Any locksmith can do it. And less exspensive than a dealer, if the dealer will even do it.
    If he had a key. It sounds like he lost his only one. Another possibility is just changing the ignition lock.

When I had it done at the dealer, the guy came out with the key in five minutes or so and told me to try it. It worked and I asked him what I owned. He told me nothing... Yeah I gave him some cash and told him to buy a 6 pack after work.

Does the average locksmith have access to the VIN/key code data?

Top Bottom