Anyone got a Beretta Nano and willing to let me shoot it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doublebarrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    My ammo, of course. It'd be great if you also shoot at Eagle Creek on weekends. I go there usually on Saturday morning (lunch time). I'm thinking about replacing my Kahr CM9 with the Nano, but I want to be sure the Nano will like my ammo, as CM9 has some feeding issue...

The ammo I'll be using in your Nano are Walmart steel cased Tulammo, and Winchester Ranger 147gr JHP. The heavy Ranger is my preferred carry ammo, but the Kahr choked on it today...

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    Sorry I live so far away. You shouldn't have any problem with that ammo in a nano. I shoot 147 gr through mine all the time and havent had a problem with it. Plus you will like the trigger on the nano alot better.

doublebarrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    How many rounds do you have through your CM9? What type of malfunction is it exhibiting?

Well, I got the gun exactly one year now, and have about 400 rounds fired (give or take a few). I've never had any malfunction until last Saturday. I think Kahr said I needed to shoot something like 200 rounds for break-in. I never had any issue shooting any ammo I bought (mainly Tulammo cheap steel cased, also some Federal $20 for 100rd bulk pack, and a little WWB). I shot one box of the Ranger 147gr JHP during "break-in", no problem.

The CM9 has a very steep feed ramp, and the first round (top round in a full mag) love to nose dive. When it does that, it hits the feed ramp at almost perpendicular angle, and that causes it not able to slide up the ramp, especially when I do a slow feed (let the slide close very slowly). It never got stuck if I let the slide fly home, that's probably why Kahr prefer us to use the slide release to load the first round. What was different for last Saturday, was that I haven't shot this gun for about half year now, but carried it daily. It was loaded with pocket lint, dust, and not much lube left (the outside of the barrel still looked oily). I thought it was perfect to shoot like this, because it'd be realistic in a self defense scenario for this pocket gun. So I didn't clean or oil it, like I did before, this time. And it jammed. I shot 27 rounds of the 147gr Ranger (all that I carried for half year, 2 6rd mags, 2 7rd mags, and one in the pipe). There were a total of three FTFeed, bullet nose stuck at lower part of the feed ramp, tap and rack didn't work, I had to yank the mag out. I shot some Tulammo afterwards, no problems...

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    I have a custom AMT stainless .45. Tulammo is the only thimg I've put in the clip that failed to feed. After the second jam i looked and it was longer than any other .45 ammo at the range. Not much QC.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    If you want to make the drive up here I'd be happy to let you shoot mine.
    I've got a little less than 300 rounds through mine mostly herters (Tula) steel case and Winchester white box 147gr JHPs and a few federal hydra shock 147gr with no problems.

doublebarrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    If you want to make the drive up here I'd be happy to let you shoot mine.
    I've got a little less than 300 rounds through mine mostly herters (Tula) steel case and Winchester white box 147gr JHPs and a few federal hydra shock 147gr with no problems.

Great! You are at Lafayette area, right? There's a indoor range in Lafayette that I've been thinking about checking out. They rent full auto guns. I've never shot one before, so that's exciting to me. I'll PM you when I'm set to go...

Top Bottom