Anyone familiar with and/or machine Acetal?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I checked with West Marine up in Castleton. They have a small selection but most of the stuff that might work ships direct if you buy through them.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I checked McMaster Carr and Fastenall, I don't know enough about plastics to know what might hold up to the weight we need it to. I know Acetal gets used in some pretty heavy duty applications.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    How many do you need and how soon do you need them? I could probably get them made Monday or Tuesday

I found a vendor in MI and called them. They had them in stock and assured me they'd get them shipping USPS Priority today if I ordered them quickly. Already got the email that they've shipped so I should be in good shape, thanks for finding them Rookie. I'll pick up the grade 8 hardware and angle iron I need and get the trolleys put together next week. Here's a rough rendition of what I'm planning to build. 2" angle for the upper portion that holds the sheaves. 1" angle bolted to the 2" to hold a cross bolt we will hook a carabiner to and hang from.

EKrrug2h.jpg

2FP3oTbh.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Easy for me to find and work with. I don't have many tools when it comes to working with steel.

If you need to use my shop you are more than welcome. I have the good drill press and all the tooling you will need for this.
    You have my info. Hit me up if you need to.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    :laugh:

Excuse me Mr. Landowner. We'd like to install a zip line and I didn't see any provisions for that in our lease agreement.

So how was the look on his face when this was brought up?

The land owner trusts us, he knows how well we treat the property and how much time and money we’ve spent improving it. He hasn’t denied anything we’ve wanted to do yet.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I'll be curious how well it works out. Many times sitting in a tree stand I've thought about how great it would be to move to other stands or a new location using a cable in the trees.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    We got the cable installed today, only took about an hour. We used a couple of inexpensive snatch blocks to test it and it appears to be working out as hoped. Once we get the trolleys put together I'll try to get a video posted. If the trolleys are as smooth and quiet as I'm hoping I can foresee at least one more being installed on another section of the creek, probably next year.

Top Bottom