Anyone else sick of 3 dollar + gasoline ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 7orelevn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Greenwood
    After driving by the local Shell station I saw gas was at 3.19 a gallon. I am just wondering what the media is blaming the prices for this time. Anyone know ??

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Come on guys, lets use some common sense. The gas companies know that the end of december is huge for travel. So they are gonna bend everyone over on gas.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    It didn't know it was over $3 a gallon until I happened to look up at the digital display after I started pumping. I don't pay any attention to what the price is per gallon. I choose whichever gas station is more convenient for me at the time.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Our wise President said it's needed to renew the economy. A lot of people are already suffering financially. Also, that means less people are going to travel. Which is going to hurt hotels and such even more.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Another reason for alternative fuels, transportation and lifestyles. Guys here at work are complaining about the petrol prices already. Look out in the parking lot: I am one of a few with a fuel efficient car. They drive in with big diesels and other huge trucks. None of them haul anything, yet they "deserve" to drive a truck in their minds. I understand it's a "want" issue, but these people can barely pay a mortage or similar, yet they make half what I do and drive a truck that costs twice what I make in a year. Please... And the folks driving SUV's to carry their "children". What, all ONE of them? Suzy SoccerMom needs to trade in her luxorious vehicle for something light and compact. THEN come complain to me about gas prices.

Oh and another thing I hate hearing about: Our oil reserves here at home. The point is to NOT use them. Seriously, what kind of short sighted BS is that? "If we drilled here, we would not have to listen to OPEC" one of them said. I piped in and said: Then what? Give it 10 years at cheap consumption rates, then what? We are back into a market EVEN MORE aggressive than before due to consumption rates being still high and supply low that evolved without us. Then we go to war, just because of "want". How about shoving some biodiesel or buying a hydrogen burning truck? Imagine the torque on that sucker!? But then, the oil companies won't allow us as they have already infected our .gov and out daily lives with their corrosive garbage fluid.

Rant off... It just really revs me up when folks complain, yet do nothing about a solution...

I am actually moving in a month or two to a place that is within a quarter mile of work. I can human drag race every day and still beat my current commute by 1.5 hours. Some folks are willing to sacrifice a little to save alot. Why doesn't anyone else?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Glad I don't drive much these days, I can't imagine $5 per gallon. This makes the price of everything go up.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The former CEO of Shell Oil is predicting $5/gallon gas prices by 2012.

Something to look forward to.

$5 for a gallon of gasoline in 2012 - Dec. 27, 2010
    PS beat me to it. This is what we've got to look forward to. In a couple of years folks will be all "You remember when gas was just $3 a gallon?". OPEC control the price and the spigot and they're going to be shooting for $100/bbl. He who has the gold makes the rules. The only real profiteers (for those stuck in "It's greed" mode) are OPEC and the governments.

Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    Maybe QE2? Money worth less, commodities cost more?

I usually buy fuel (6000 gallons diesel off road fuel) for the coming year for the farm around this time. Going to wait awhile. Dec. 2008 paid $1.47/gallon, Bought in March this year for $2.12. Guessing it would be $2.80 now? (no road tax).

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    hahaha... you guys think these prices are bad? just down the street from my school in Austria, there was a gas station... advertised price was 1.10 then you realize that the price is in Euro, so convert it to USD... about 1.50USD...then you realize its per liter so multiply that by 3.8 for gallons and you get.... drumroll please....

$5.70/gallon!

Top Bottom